Get Off the Plantation

Monday, December 29, 2008

How is it that well after 100 years since the end of slavery, many African-Americans still live on the plantation? No, we're not picking cotton for the slave master or working in the big house. This is the political plantation I'm talking about, where we're enslaved to a system that is the antithesis of what we believe in and what we represent. The slave master is the Liberal Democratic Party which uses control tactics and misinformation to keep itself in the big house at the expense of unsuspecting African-Americans and now Hispanics.

Some 90% of Black Americans vote Democrat, often without so much as a second thought. Most would not even consider a Republican candidate. And why is that? As Angela McGlowan spelled out so powerfully in the book Bamboozled: How Americans are being Exploited by the Lies of the Liberal Agenda, Democrats have done a good job of putting a lock on the "minority" vote by using racial slurs such as "Uncle Tom" or "Sell-Out" to refer to any Black person who would dare leave the plantation in search of his true God-ordained freedom. Those who stay behind have the chains of bondage tightened more and more around their minds. If they knew better, however, they would rush off the master's property without looking back. Even Harriet Tubman declared that she could have led more slaves to freedom if she could have convinced them that they were slaves! But sometimes bondage becomes so familiar, it gets confused with freedom and begins to feel like home.

For today's blog, let's just focus on values. How is it that the vast majority of African-Americans, by virtue of our spiritual heritage, are pro-life, believe in a traditional definition of marriage, and are prone to expressions of faith, yes, even in public, yet our voting pattern consistently belies those very values? Liberals these days are passionately attacking the traditional family, celebrating the killing of millions of unborn babies through the help of Planned Parenthood, which sets up shop mostly in Black, lower class neighborhoods (Hmmm.....), and showing tolerance for every group under the sun, except Christians whom they wish to silence as they seek to remove Jesus Christ from every aspect of public life. Oddly enough, some of the self-proclaimed leaders of the Left wear a "Rev." at the front of their names while endorsing candidates who have promised to push the most anti-Christ, pro-abortion, Godless society imaginable. This is quite curious and certainly a cause of concern.

Liberals manage to secure those votes by duping African-Americans into believing that Republicans are racists who have no heart or concern for the "little man." They promise to be the answer to the problems the "little man" faces. Now, think about it: If they were the solution, don't you think they would have gotten us to the Promised Land by now?

They have counted on the fact that we, as a people, would not question the Liberal agenda or line up our votes with our values. And you know what? So far we have proven them right. They're counting on us to remain on the plantation, and some 90% of us have said, "Yes, Masta, I'll stay 'cuz yous a good masta. You gone take care of me!"

Now, isn't that rough talk? Well, it takes rough talk to get us out of bondage. Harriet Tubman carried a gun on her journey to free slaves. All I have are words in hopes of triggering the masses to emancipate themselves. Now, although I believe the Democratic philosophy goes against the core of most Black people, I will say this: If, when you've looked over the issues, you can look yourself in the mirror, look your God in the eyes, and still vote Democrat, you've acquired a measure of freedom. But if you are so under the thumb of a political Party that you don't even consider voting against them, don't even look at where they stand on issues, then I have to say it: You're on the plantation. And your self-appointed leaders are happy to keep you there, to own you, because as long as you don't question them or question yourself, they remain in power--and that's what they're counting on you for. They know they can't win without you.

But there's still time to get off the plantation. The Emancipation Proclamation has already been signed--by a Republican, I might add.

Next time, we'll take a look at history because just as Blacks didn't begin their existence as slaves in America, Blacks were not always slaves to the Liberals. Oh no...In fact, Martin Luther King, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass, and many others were Republicans. You know why? In part because your beloved Democrats were lynching Blacks and denying us the civil rights that the Republican Party was created to fight for. I'll tell you more about that later.

God bless!

American Dog December 29, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Adrienne,what a powerful post and a great way to start your blog .
I will put you on my favorite list and check back often.
This country needs more people like you with moral clarity .If we could all see through the goverments shady tactics, it would cure many of it's problems we endure. Great Job ! ! !

From Scott at T.S.

pupbaby December 29, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Adrienne,
Thank you for sharing truth with us. One of the most difficult things for me during the campaign was knowing many of my African American Precept bible study women were voting democrat. These are such precious, Godly women who don't just know about God's Word...they know it. We lovingly agreed to disagree, but I wish they could read this. From: Alison at T.S.

karen December 29, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Hi Adreinne, So glad I came to check it out. Great work, well written, and motivational. I will be checking back. Thanks

TVFan December 29, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Adreinne,

This is a very well written piece (which is such a rarity in the blogging world). You've raised some very interesting points in this piece and I really enjoyed reading it. I look forward to your future postings.

Hilary from TS :-)

david December 30, 2008 at 5:08 AM

adreinne, WOW,as you always do, you have again posted a brilliant article gauranteed to turn some heads and educate others...god speed on this new adventure into human dynamics....thank the Lord you know how to correctly blend church, and state: Love for the Lord and Love of country and most of all the brethren of all colors in it.your brother in Christ...David De Lones.Ps did you know that brotherly kindness is the 12th fruit of the spirit IIPet1:7.there are 12 in all Rev 22:1-5"12 manner of fruit"on the tree of Life.good night and god bless you richly.dld

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Adreinne, Thank you for speaking out against the dumbing down of this great country. I am a white woman who grew up during the civil rights movement, and was told to be afraid. I am no longer afraid. I stand by everything you say and I pray that the ignorance in this country will be eradicated. I believe that it starts in our Churches, with God-fearing people, and in the home. Keep your message coming. Prayerfully, it will go out far and wide.

Debra Heiland

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Thank you so much for telling it like it is. This blog should be required reading for all Americans!

Bardsmith

geri,  January 9, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Keep on keepin' on, Adrienne...I received your blog site as a "forward" from a friend who thought I would enjoy reading...and yes, I must say, you have something to say...so keep it going. Please need to be educated with the Truth...and if they don't seek it themselves, well then...we just have to feed them...!

a carlson,  January 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Wow,you are so articulate and intelligent and so right,I only wish I wasn't so happily married that I would have the time to stalk you.Really all kidding aside marvelous stuff.

Kelly_H,  February 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Hi Adrienne
I have read your site and find it very truthful and enjoyable, It's nice to see a teacher that not only looks and acts professional but has good strong conservative/christian values. Getting my children through school was a nightmare and was much like forcing my 16 yr old to educate my 13 yr old. I agree with your comments on this stimulus package. There really isn't much we can do. It seems conservatives are not united and unwilling to get down and dirty as the left has apparently perfected to a fine art. We Republicans/Conservatives render ourselves weak and inconsistent and as dysfunctional to America as our counter parts.

Anonymous,  December 29, 2009 at 7:31 PM

HI Adrienne,

I check your sight to hear sound words of truth. My Spirit says, "Yeah, Yeah!" It always bears witness with me. I also check Facebook to read Sarah Palin's information as she speaks the same. Thankyou for sharing with no compromise. God BLess You!

Anonymous Conservative April 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Adrienne,

your words are absolutely true! I just found this blog and wish I found it sooner. I am a white conservative and I believed everything you said but could never get anyone to listen. The moment someone hears I am a republican they automatically think "she's a racist!" and stops listening to anything I say. Good job and keep up the good work!