I'm Judgmental, I've Been Told

Friday, March 20, 2009

I didn't expect to be posting again so soon; I just posted something a few hours ago. But given a question/accusation I received tonight, I will. So here is your answer...

If someone murders people, is he not a murderer? If someone lies every time she opens her mouth, is she not a liar? Is telling the murderer he's a nice guy and the liar she's telling the truth an expression of love, forgiveness, and mercy? Look, a tree is known by its fruit, as Scripture says. An apple tree that produces sour grapes...well, there's a problem. Pointing fingers at the person who recognizes that the apple tree has a serious problem and calling her judgmental is ridiculous.

This is the agenda I am here to counter. When Jesus saw hypocrisy, He spoke up. When he saw injustice, He addressed it--and so did His followers. It is disturbing when people tolerate a lack of respect for the sanctity of life and the annihilation of Christian principles all in the name of being non-judgmental--and then suggest that they are being Christ-like by remaining silent.

Look, I don't have time for liberal games. Anyone who believes that Christians don't need to take a stand, speak up, and make a difference, they're deceived--and my feedback from most of you tells me that you get it. But some people just don't get it. Jesus was not a wimp, did not walk around wondering who He was, and was not afraid to call a spade a spade--and neither are His followers! Granted, He did not give us the order to condemn other people to hell. That's not our job, nor one I would take if offered. Instead, He left His Word which separates light from darkness and has the power to deliver from hell. And although we are not to be judges, we are fruit inspectors, and we do have a voice that needs to be unleashed. I am blessed by the apostle Peter who stood up on the day of Pentecost, looked the people in the eyes, and told them that their actions were deplorable and that they were "wicked." Of course they were deplorable and wicked; they had killed the Savior. The response? They were humbled and ashamed and cried out, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" It was then that Peter was able to preach the first message of the New Testament church: "Repent and be baptized..." They came face to face with their sin because someone had the nerve to confront them. Good thing Peter didn't say, "Gentlemen, I know you crucified Christ, but I don't know your hearts. Who am I to point out your wrongdoings? Who am I to judge? Go your way, and if you are so led, maybe you can stop killing and stuff!"

It amazes me that there is such an outcry when you speak out against abortion, insults to special needs individuals, and loss of religious freedom. Where's the outcry at the loss of innocent life, the discrimination against our most vulnerable, the despicable treatment of a Christian woman who had the unmitigated temerity to run for public office? Please! I AM NOT GOING TO BE SILENCED! It's the truth that sets people free, and that's my sole motivation--thus the name Motivation: Truth. When you are willing to speak the truth that God is leading you to speak, and then God sheds the light on it, it's a powerful thing. When you've been duped, however, into remaining silent, thinking you are thereby exemplifying Christ, well...we get what we have today: Roe v. Wade, Terri Schiavo, and the list goes on. Isaiah 5:20 says, "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" and Proverbs 17:15 says, "He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD." But you ejaculate, "How dare the psalmist suggest that one could know who's wicked and who's just!

Look, the apple tree that produces apples stands worlds apart from the apple tree producing sour grapes. It's an obvious difference. It's plain to see. Now, let's pretend the tree has a will and a heart. I have no way of knowing if the tree, in its heart, has the will to produce apples rather than sour grapes--and I wouldn't dare judge that. But in its current state, it has a problem that needs to be addressed. Smiling at the tree won't help. Ignoring the grapes won't help. And insisting that someone else pat the tree's bark down and join in with you in your blind acceptance of unacceptable fruit-bearing surely won't help!

I find it amazing that in the one post where I actually gave the president the benefit of the doubt, said I wasn't sure what his intentions were in his Special Olympics gaffe, and acknowledged that he did apologize, I get an email about being judgmental! Boy, Sarah Palin sure could have used such support when they were dissing her by calling her a Right-wing Christianista, a scary born-again, tongue-talking lunatic, which the far-Left is still calling her. But I guess that was okay...'cause...well, you don't know what's in their hearts when they attacked faith in God--your God. Maybe not, but whatever's in there is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth, and it tastes a lot like sour grapes!

My sole motivation? The truth!

Anonymous,  March 21, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Adrienne,

I have read both blogs. You were not being judgmental, you are not misinformed and you are not out of line. You expressed my sentiments exactly. There is no educating a population who thinks the disabled should be aborted. I think without the teleprompter we are getting a glimpse into the dark soul of our POTUS. Very telling indeed. Sarah Palin made some very wonderful comments in response to Obamas disgraceful remarks. Im a proud Sarah supporter. Remember when Obama was outraged at Don Imus for his disgraceful comments? "He didn't just cross the line," Obama said. "He fed into some of the worst stereotypes that my two young daughters are having to deal with today in America. The notions that as young African-American women -- who I hope will be athletes -- that that somehow makes them less beautiful or less important. It was a degrading comment. It's one that I'm not interested in supporting." Though every major presidential candidate has decried the racist remarks, Obama is the first one to say Imus should lose his job for them. Keep in mind he said this after Imus had apologized. He even invoked his children. This should be thrown into the face of anyone who attacks Governor Palin for her criticism of Obama's thoughtless and insulting remark.

godivahtt,  March 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Adrienne, go to Conservatives4Palin. They have a post regarding the Imus comments, which is "nappy headed hos" on April 7, 2007. Remember how Obama (AKA Bambi) reacted when Imus made such a horrible comment? I am sure the "left" made such a "big" deal of it and force Imus to quit. Look closely at Bambi comment about how Imus stereotype people and with his current gaffe about Special Olympics..isn't he not putting people within a stereotype role? Bambi needs to remember his statement regarding the Imus' gaffe. Bambi feeds into the stereotypical role and attitude that feeds prejudice and misunderstanding. What is that saying about listen to what I say but not what I do?

We are free society with free speech. Girlfriend, you have a right to your opinion and I say, Bambi was being judgmental in his Special Olympic Gaffe.

Here is an excerpts as presented in conservatives4palin.com :

A commenter at Hot Air linked this ABC News article from April 2007, when Obama decried Don Imus' "nappy-headed hos" remark.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

[...]

editors comments:

Stephen R. Maloney March 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Adrienne, there's nothing wrong with what you wrote. Here's a copy of my blog column posted tonight: I put up a baby picture of Trig Palin at: http://draftpalin2012.blogspot.com.

Sarah and Todd had Trig because they don't believe God makes mistakes. Obama? The last time -- maybe literally the last time -- he talked about religious faith he couldn't remember whether he was a Muslim or a Christian. Sarah Palin has spoken regularly about Special Needs people. The first time Obama spoke about such individuals he made them the butt of a joke about bowling.

"I swear The One [Obama] knew what he was saying [about Special Olympics] and that it was a slam on Palin." (My friend Cindy's "take")

We need to recognize -- and to communicate to others -- that Obama and those around him are slimeballs, whose endless gaffes and smears are part of their nature. Many of you might remember his offensive statement about Nancy Reagan -- after which, as with the Special Olympics people -- he called to "apologize." In the campaign, he clearly referred to Gov. Palin as a "pig" -- and didn't apologize.

How do elitists like Obama and his dreadful spouse look at the children and young adults in Special Olympics? With contempt, of course. The chances of Michelle Obama ever giving birth to a Down Syndrome child are something less than zero. The embryo would have been aborted without question and thrown out with hospital garbage. To the Obamas and their admirers children who are less than perfect have no right to intrude on their lives.

The Obamas are what the media call "beautiful people." Anybody who is unbeautiful is someone they avoid. People who are handicapped -- or have handicapped children -- are butts of jokes and derision.

Frankly, someone like Sarah Palin and her family -- or like the people reading this -- are incomprehensible to the Obamas. They hate the Palins because they stand for something -- rather than self-absorption. Sarah talks about the need for leaders to have a "servant's heart." To the Obamas, a servant is someone who takes care of their dirty laundry.

How should we react to the self-obsessed Obama and his malicious spouse? Give them no quarter. By doing what they do and being who they are they diminish the value of life. Like their admirer John Edwards, they suffer from chronic narcissism and egotism.

Anonymous,  March 21, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Since winning the Presidency Obama has made a number of mean spirited off-the-cuff remarks which have been demeaning of others (eg the Nancy Reagan reference). His comments about the abilities of those who participate in the Special Olympics and the reference to "waterhead" are not those one would want to hear from the so-called leader of the free world. In my opinion, you were right to voice your disappointment.

Anonymous,  March 21, 2009 at 6:08 AM

Adrienne, many assert, “Thou shalt not judge” as if it’s actually one of The Ten Commandments! They base this erroneous assertion by not understanding Matthew 7:1-2, which reads, “judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”

It is wrong to sin but this scriptural passage challenges us not to be hypocritical. If one says that it’s wrong to lie, steal or cheat, don’t lie, steal or cheat. Even though we do fall short and sin, this scripture invites us to elevate ourselves to a higher moral standard.

Invoking, adhering to and suggesting that we all abide by a “thou shalt not judge” commandment is a cowardly way to escape declaring certain moral absolutes, which is the bedrock for a just society and the foundation for Christians to live a righteous and holy life. Many Christians invoke this “thou shalt not judge” command to escape their own shortcomings, excuse the wrongdoing of others while manipulating the rest of us from making value judgments on them or anything else they do.

These people claim we’re not supposed to declare that sin -- such as pre-marital sex, abortion, homosexuality or same sex marriage -- is wrong. Many have invoked, adhered to and suggested that we accept these elastic standards. But for those of us who have a strong sense of right and wrong and remind others about immorality, we’re accused as being self-righteous.

I ask that if it’s a sin to judge, then Moses was sinning to judge the people. If it’s a sin to judge, then Moses was sinning to appoint others to help him judge the people. If it were a sin to judge then it would be a sin for us to sit on a jury. We’re judging when we weight the evidence, which the prosecution and the defense present in court.

President Barack Obama was wrong to demean Special Olympians. He apologized and I accept his apology.

Thanks for your great blogs!

ronald f. owens, jr.
elk grove, ca
03/21/09

yolando March 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM

We focus on the wrong things. He never should have been on Leno.

mbaker2008 March 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I could not have said it better. Your second post reflects my sentiment about how we as Christians often respond when we are faced with having to call a spade a spade. Like I have said before, and I will say it again, I think President Obama is an evil man. I will say it here, on a platform on the highest mountain, or where ever I must. For a person who supposed to represents every citizen of our country it’s appalling that he would make such a comment. So he apologized, that is not the point. I would not even say he should not be on Leno. This man when he is not in front of his other self, “the teleprompter,” he says what’s really in his heart. Here is what Matthew 12:33-35 says about it 33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart[a] brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. I am saying that he is an evil person because his beliefs and his actions portrays evil. And if he promotes and support evil things, then he must believes in them. If he believes in them that makes him evil. Which at any time he could change and become a different person because nothing is impossible with God and in the end it is God who will give the judgment.

We take our example of courage and obedience from Christ and no other. What I admire about Jesus is that He was not afraid of anyone. Because of this, He was falsely accused and crucified. He understood, and tells us as well that we would suffer this same fate. If we as Christians are just going allow everyone to get away with whatever they want then why are we here. Jesus did not stutter, when He called the Pharisees evil, he did not shrink back and called them evil behind their backs but not in their faces. God warns us about being cowards and calling good evil and evil-good. Obama felt that coming out and saying I am sorry would solve everything, although it’s not his words but the attitude of his heart that matters. He is a radical left liberal. Though he apologized, it does not change how he feels about people with disabilities. My daughter has Cerebal Palsy and is mentally retarded. I am not at all personally offended by Obama’s words, it’s what I expect of someone like him.

His camp has no value for life, for morals, for prosperity or anything that has to do with the values that the majority of our country once held. I say once held because if they would still hold to those values, Obama would not be President, he would have been immediately defeated by his views on abortion. Did not anyone, here him say that his daughter’s would be “punished”, if they were to get pregnant before they were ready. Psalms 129:3 says, “Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, the (B)fruit of the womb is a reward.” What a contrast, Obama says babies are a punishment but the word, tells us they are a gift and a reward.” This is why I have not engaged in politics lately, everyone wants to pretend that this man is not who he really is. From the abundance of Obama’s heart, he spoke and we see what came out.

Phillip March 22, 2009 at 1:45 AM

I'm glad you're speaking out against ungodly leadership. When we have the most pro baby killing and the most pro immorality president in our history, obviously it is right for Christians to point out the evil in the man. While we need to respect the office of the president and still pray for him, we also need to speak the truth about Obama.

Billy March 22, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Thank you Adrienne, You express my thoughts to the tee. It is sitting back and being silent while our societal structure is degraded on an almost daily basis that has put us in the position we are currently in.. A cesspool of popular culture (TV shows that make fun of Christians and Christianity- South Park, Family Guy etc, Movies that portray Jesus in a despicable manner - Corpus Christi) and a society that tried to destroy a candidate for National office, simply in my opinion, because she was Christian, pro-life and wasn't afraid to say so -- Sarah Palin.

I am not as biblically well-versed as yourself and many others on TS but I am trying to learn more :) but I always remember this verse Isaiah 5:20

Woe to them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

**********************************************

Never go silent Adrienne and I will be there with you !!

Thanks,

Billy

Billy March 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Thanks Adrienne, It is because we have remained silent that we find ourselves living with a cesspool of a popular culture that degrades Christians and Christianity. Look at the TV Shows (South Park and Family Guy- all with high ratings), the Movies (Corpus Christi, with a despicable depiction of Christ and his disciples) and a candidate for national office who was "ripped and disparaged", simply in my mind, because she was not afraid to say she was Christian and pro-life-- Sarah Palin.

I'm not as well biblically-versed as yourself and many others on TS but I am learning :) but I always remember this verse:

Isaiah 5:20

***********************************************

Never stop speaking and I will be there with you Adrienne.

Thanks again,