Back to Life! Back to Reality!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good day to you! I woke up this morning with this thought and that thought, wondering about one thing, concerned about another. But it's amazing, isn't it, when we stop and say, "Okay. Enough! Time out." My time in prayer this morning put me back on track. As the song says, "Back to life, back to reality."

After praying, laying down burdens, refocusing my eyes on the light that my Jesus is, I picked up the Word of God. I don't usually subscribe to what I call Bible Roulette. You know what Bible Roulette is. It's when you have no plan, no set direction in your reading, and just flip it open, hoping God gives you a Word. I don't recommend Bible Roulette, by the way. I'm more of a believer in a disciplined reading schedule, but anyway...This morning I had no plan. I opened up the Word, and it was just what I needed. It summed up what I had just been praying about, and I want to share it with you because God is refocusing believers to look to Him, to trust Him, and not to fear.

Matthew 6: 19-34:

19 Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 22 The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28 So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I've had some things on my heart and mind, and I was getting caught up in wondering how it would all unfold. I don't know about you, but I get like that sometimes. I'm not talking about bad things; I'm talking about the good things--just trying to figure it all out, you know? But I can break down what God is saying to me today very simply: "Hold up. Wait a minute. Don't you know I know where you are and what you need? Don't you know that nothing takes me by surprise? Girl, if I can look after a bird, you know I can look after you! Get your eyes off of what's around you, and place them on me. I got you! You're mine. Just seek Me--not what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it...Me!"

So I go forth in my day encouraged, and with a prayer that you, too, are encouraged. After all, He's got you too!

Ann June 2, 2009 at 2:00 PM

That is just what I needed today. I have caught myself worrying about things that I have no control over and trying to work out things that I can do something about but don't have the direction in which way to go now. I am going to try harder to look just to God himself and let him take care of what will be. Enjoy your blogs so much.

Conservativelikenoother June 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Hey Adrienne,

Everyones sleeping and so this is my me time. I am feeling so much that the one thing we need more than anything else is to become intimately attached to God through Jesus Christ. God has given us this life in order that we may know Him more fully, not that we get all caught up in life that we forget that He is the Creator of it. Things are going 100 miles an hour and if we continue to run here and there looking for the next bit of news, we will soon find ourselves disillusioned.

I was also thinking about Gov. Palin, I know that many of you are really pushing for her to come on board for the Presidency, but I was reminded that she is a very committed person to her husband and although everyone else thinks that they would want to see her run, if her husband is not giving her that pass she is not going to run. I admire her for how much she loves and submits to the will of both God and her husband. She is a great woman, but I really think that even people with great intentions can put her in a position that would cause her to feel a little overwhelmed.

I am praying for our leaders and I pray that we will get leaders who are willing to stand up for traditonal values, but the way things are going it seems as though she may not be on the scene for 2012. Maybe this who election thing allowed God to do some things in her life that she may not have expected and she does not want to let all of her awesome supporters down.

Like I told you before something has changed, but I really believe that those of us who really appreciate what she has brought to the party should become a different type of supporter. We should give her the freedom to be a blessing to her own family. She is a great woman and I will always admire her but I really think some things have changed for her since the election. It's not a bad thing though.

I will keep her lifted up and keep this country lifted up as well. Great words.

Adrienne June 3, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Hi, Conservativelikenoother,

My friend, it's good to hear from you--even though you do not return phone msgs that you say you'll return! LOL!

I think as for Governor Palin, nothing has changed in terms of whether or not she'll run in 2012. She has never stated that she will run. She has always stated that her life is in God's hands and that if He opens the door, she'll walk through it. She has stated that politics aren't "the end all and be all" for her life, but that if God opens a door that is good for her and her family, she'll walk through it. WE are the ones who have decided we want her to run. She, I believe, is content to be led by God. Of course, it is my understanding that she knows that God has called her to lead in the political arena, which is something she realized at a young age. I personally believe she is not done nationally--now, whether that's 2012 or 2016, only God knows. My desire is for God's will to be done. I obviously have my reasons for believing that she wants to, and will, run for president at some point. I personally believe she will be president, and I am committed to working toward that end. However, ultimately, I just want for her what I want for myself and all my brothers and sisters in Christ: God's will to be done. Right now, Sarah's focus is the state of Alaska. She has said this repeatedly. I believe she means it. But as she said, she also keeps her options open and believes God will lead her. One thing I know: She's a woman who believes strongly in prayer. She'll make the right decision. In the meantime, in my efforts I will proceed as if I have a green light until I get a red one, as they say.

Good hearing from you, and your prayers are much appreciated. You know I'm praying for you, as well.

Conservativelikenoother June 3, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Gov. Palin is a super smart woman.

Those trolls through her into the number two spot, she got the party going and then they dissed her. That's hurtful. I could not stand what they did to her. But again, she is resilent and she will be back, and when she does, she is going to make the left's head spin so fast they won't know what hit them. Gov. Palin is not a half stepper. What I did see about her is that she is a woman of excellence. People like to refer to her as just a country girl, like she really does not have alot of intelligence. She is very intelligent and when she comes back into the scene she is going to come back on her terms, not on the terms of arrogant people who want her to do what they want her too. She'll be back, like a pitpull on steroids.

Conservativelikenoother June 3, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I am so sorry about not calling you back. It's just been wierd over here sometimes. Next week will be better and I will be able to really give you a call.

Adrienne June 3, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Conservativelikenoother,

I appreciate your wisdom, taking the time to comment, and most of all, your heart for God. I was just praying for you a little bit ago.

I agree: Sarah does have a spirit of excellence and is very intelligent. I would imagine it truly drove her up a wall to see herself mishandled, but like this post says, God's got her, too!

Be blessed today--and I look forward to talking to you soon.

votingfemale June 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Just discovered your blog.

That is soo COOL you got to spend time with Sarah!

WOW!!!