I Spent this Morning with Sarah Palin in Auburn, NY (includes pictures)

Friday, June 5, 2009

Today was the day of a lifetime! I spent my morning with Governor Sarah Palin! What an amazing, amazing...did I say amazing...experience! She is in Auburn, NY celebrating 50 years of Alaska's statehood. William Seward, who spent much of his life in Auburn is largely responsible for Alaska becoming a state, so Auburn is celebrating Founder's Day--and the governor of Alaska made the long trip from Alaska to the lower 48 to take part in this celebration.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because there really are no words to fully describe today. Suffice it to say that the governor of the great state of Alaska is everything I thought she was. She walked into the room and the entire atmosphere changed. I'm not joking. I had heard, but now I understand: She really does emanate the presence of God. I understand, too, why people are so drawn to her. When you talk to her, she actually listens. It's almost unnerving because she doesn't take her eyes off you. She literally hangs on your every word with complete, undivided attention. And there's sincerity in her eyes. I remember hearing John Ziegler (documentarian of Media Malpractice: How Obama Got Elected and Palin was Targeted) say that he tends to be skeptical of people because you usually see a different person up close and personal than you see otherwise. He said, after interviewing her, however, that she was exactly as she appeared. She was real. I concur. Sarah Palin is the real deal.

I got to talk to Todd Palin, as well. I always knew he was handsome, but television doesn't do him justice. And the same is true of Sarah. I have heard so many people say she is beautiful, but if they've gotten that only from seeing a picture or watching television, they've missed it. Most people can only dream of being that beautiful. And that really is no exaggeration. If anything, it's an understatement. And whereas some people are beautiful outwardly but not so on the inside, Sarah is beautiful both inside and out.

Again, what an experience! I cannot wait to see her again: tomorrow is the parade, then the reception. Then Sunday it's the Walk for Autism in Purchase, NY. But then there's Alaska, and I'll have the chance to spend more time with her then--less than a month away. I feel so blessed.

I also have to give a "shout out" to Meg Stapleton, Sarah's spokesperson, who made this possible for me. This is her hometown, and there were plenty of other things she could have concerned herself with, but she opened a door for me that, I know, was God-ordained.

I have always wanted to come to Auburn because Harriet Tubman's home is here. I, as a descendant of the family of Harriet Tubman, always knew I'd visit one day, but who would have thought that I would come to meet Sarah Palin?

Okay, enough. Look at a few pictures. I'll just post a few, but more will be coming after the rest of the events this weekend. I really would like to hide the picture I took with Sarah today because it's not a good picture of me, but this weekend isn't about me; it's about Sarah, and Alaska, and Auburn, so I'll post it anyway and hope to get a better one of the two of us before the weekend ends. Enjoy...

If you want to see the pictures blown up more, go over to http://www.teamsarah.org/profiles/blog/list?user=2672ra3w5s22y

Pete June 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I am extremely jealous! That's so awsome for you though! You must have been on cloud 9. She is definitely one firebrand of a politician, and a great american.

Phillip June 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Wow! Consider yourself blessed.

Diane ~ June 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM

WOW! wow! How wonderful that you were able to see & listen to her & what an incredible honor to have gotten a chance to talk to her! Great post & thank you so much for sharing her with us!!!!

Adrienne June 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Phillip, I definitely consider myself blessed. God opened the door, and I am so grateful! Thank you.

Thank you also, Pete and Diane.

CrabbyCon June 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Adrienne! That is so awesome - Now you and Anna have both met her ;) Congrats and have a blast the rest of the weekend!!

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Not having met Sarah Palin, I cannot comment on whether she emanates the presence of God, but I am curious about one thing. As a descendent of Harriet Tubman, how do you feel about her refusal to sign the Juneteenth Proclamation until after suit was brought against her for repeatedly failing to do so?

A Texas Christian

ranchocon June 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Great post. I feel like I was there. Come hang out with your friends at Conservatives4Palin.com sometime

Adrienne June 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Anonymous (Texas Christian), you can read how I feel about that in an article I entitled "Sarah Palin is not a Racist," which was posted on April 5th. You can find it in the archives.

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Todd Palin is HOT!

gamsbo June 5, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Anonymous...what is it with you...she did not refuse to sign it...If you are going write something could you try to get the full story and how about the truth...from another Texas Christian who likes the truth...

Adrienne June 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Gamsbo, I was going to address the same thing, to stress that she did not "refuse" to sign it, but then I figured the post would do the trick. But I'm so glad you chimed in. I wonder if Texas Christian will be discussing the fact that last week she did participate in a Juneteenth reading event. When people pick and choose what to "report," they merely reveal their not-so-hidden agendas.

Jacky,  June 5, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I'm from Puerto Rico, I read this blog almost everyday. I hope that you can help Sarah with your knowledge and love from God. Please, tell her that she have a fan and supporter from the Island of Puerto Rico.

I will continue praying for you and Sarah this two day. It will be AWESOME! God bless you and the Palin Family!

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Adrienne you look great!

LindaW June 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I'm so jealous! Thank you for sharing the experience! I know Todd has blue eyes and handsome men with blue eyes are mesmerizing.

Patty Hewes June 5, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I hope I am not the only person that feels that she isn't being advised wisely enough. I hope she isn't being naive and not brushing up on some issues. If she decides to run again, she will be scrutinized like no other politician on the national stage. They will play on ever slip up she has on the campaign trail

She needs to understand that... I am trying to be negative here, I love her but she needs to be prepared for the war that's ahead.

Shane Vander Hart June 5, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Great experience... hoping to see her in Iowa in 2012 :).

Anonymous,  June 5, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Rock on Adrienne! God willing, this will be the first of many encounters!

Timothy June 6, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Patty Hewes,

I think she knows what kind of maelstrom the GSM (government state media), demmies and KOS bloggers are gonna give her. She had a taste of it in 2008 and today.

I'm upset by some people's "lack of courage". To quote General Grant "I don't care what Bobbie Lee is doing! I care what we're going to do to Bobbie Lee!"

Be not afraid and be of good cheer!!! The universe will avail itself in due time.

dowl,  June 6, 2009 at 6:26 AM

How are you related to Harriette Tubman? I'm sure that because of your relationship, Gov Palin concentrated on you to absorb the essence of your beloved ancestry. I hope that you shared your knowledge with her to arm her for her mission to 'scoop up' travelers for the Apocalypse Now Doctrine.

Adrienne June 6, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Do I detect sarcasm? Just so you know, I didn't mention anything to Governor Palin about Harriet Tubman. I do not often share that piece of information. So...no, and she did not "concentrate" on me. She was loving to EVERYONE because that's the kind of person she is. And you?

Apocalypse Now Doctrine? Interesting theory you have.

Happy Hour...Somewhere June 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Adrienne, love the comment "When people pick and choose what to 'report', they merely reveal their not so hidden agendas." So true and as someone out here trying to find some reality and truth, it has been an eye opening lesson.

As someone who has been skeptical of Sarah Palin, not sure why she was chosen and what her qualifications are, I am glad I found your site. But she inspires so many people, fellow conservatives, so I am trying to find out more about her. I do love her quick smile and sense of humor and glad to know you felt that was real and not some fake political gimmick.

Anonymous,  June 6, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am so appreciative of a person of color who is a Christian first and taking a stand.

A thought about the Gov. preparing for a future run - learning from the past... Remember the people no longer wanted God's way of judges, they wanted a king like other nations so they got what they wanted, King Saul. Didn't turn out so well. Then God installed His choice, the unlikely one, King David. We need to do our part in preparing the way - the spiritual battle - pray!

Anonymous,  June 6, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I understand I live in Wasilla seen her a few times I went to the Michael Reagan show in anchorage not to see Michael but see my gov. Sarah! it was worth the 40 bucks

ak man,  June 6, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Raciest will it ever stop.... This is about Sarah extending her hand again...Where did all this Tubman come from....

Anonymous,  June 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM

How great you were able to spend time with her up close. I'm from Webster butI went to the parade and her town hall speech. She is lovely! And yes, you see her and you smile! I feel she'll be a strong voice for us and our rights.
I hope the media picks up on her visit. I didn't realize she had been in the area visiting historic sites.
Keep up the great website!

Adrienne June 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM

You are so right. The spiritual battle is in prayer. I pray for Sarah and her family everyday. I feel this is part of my mission. In fact, when I talked to her yesterday, prayer was what most of the conversation was about. She truly understands the power of prayer. "That intercession is so important," she said. As I spoke more to her about my commitment to pray for her, etc., she stated--with tangible sincerity--"That means so much to me." My response to her was, "I know it does." And she hugged me. As those close to her have said, she is a woman of prayer--and we must pray for her and for God's will to be done concerning her role in America.

ak man,  June 7, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Palin 2012 & 2016 it will take 8 years to fix what THAT ONE is doing to our country....

IOpian June 7, 2009 at 12:27 PM

I have a feeling that Jesus feels the same way about you.

Anonymous,  June 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM

If we can conquer evil in this world ,our God will make our world on earth last longer... I am so glad she is a Christian. Lets hope and pray this world turns around. She is a great lady!

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Adrienne,I felt exactly how you did.It made me so sick,I wanted to puke.David letterman comments came straight out of the PIT OF HELL.I don't care whether he's a comedian or not.I was ensulted by his filth.Out of the abundance of the heart the mounth speaketh.I know he is a liar,and the truth is not in him.He belongs to his father the DEVIL.We know he came to kill,steal,and destroy.Everyone of those comedians will meet their water-loo.As an Disabled Veteran I thought of a lot of things I wanted to do,but I didn't even speak them,because I know once your words go forth,you can't take them back.I know why we christians are,and still furious.Because Sarah,and her family is part of our family in GOD.These so called comedians better be glad I'm saved.I love sarah and her family with the LOVE OF THE LORD.