Sarah Palin is Right: David Letterman IS Pathetic!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

At first I just sat here with my mouth wide open, not believing what I had heard. It took me a while to be able to even blink, much less close my mouth. I cannot believe what I just heard David Letterman say. Now, he has long ago shown himself to be a disgusting sexist pig. I put him in the same category as Eminem, and that's saying something. But this comment really shot through me. After the shock thawed, the anger set in.

This certainly isn't the first time Letterman has made sexual comments regarding the Palins. Months ago, he joked about being "aroused" by Sarah Palin. Now that's enough to make you puke. Anybody have a barf bag?! Sarah Palin is the governor of a state. Where's the respect? Of course he has no respect, has shown no respect, and doesn't seem to be capable of even feigning respect for Sarah Palin. But the comments I heard today take him to a new low. It's disgusting enough to make the comments he has about an adult, but how can a talk show host get away with making sexual comments about a 14 year old girl? I'm talking about the sexual remarks he made about Sarah's daughter, Willow. I mean, why is he even thinking about anything like this as it pertains to a child? You'll have to look at the video clip below and see for yourself, and notice all the laughter in the background. He also decided he would make Sarah's trip to New York the subject of his
Top Ten List and used the term "slutty" to describe her clothing.

Now, as if he doesn't tick me off enough already, I'm further outraged by the fact that I know there will be no outcry from so-called feminists who pretend to care about women and the way men treat and refer to them. Maybe the roles will be reversed and Carrie Prejean will call Governor Palin this time to tell her she knows all too well what it's like for these women's groups to leave you out there on your own. I hate the hypocrisy of these groups that only defend the dignity of women on the Left. And whenever they're asked about their silence when it comes to women on the Right, they have nothing of substance to say, which is their way of saying, "If you're not one of us, we couldn't care less about you. We certainly don't care about Sarah Palin. In fact, we don't really care about women at all. We do a good job pretending, though, don't we?" No, you don't! Imagine what would happen if Letterman made these comments about one of Michelle Obama's daughters, or even Hillary Clinton's daughter?! There would be a public outcry so fierce somebody would end up wishing he were dead! But for Sarah's daughter...nope! I hope these feminists prove me wrong and come out in defense of the governor. This is one case where I wouldn't mind eating a little crow.

On John Ziegler's new talk radio show today, Governor Palin responded to Letterman's oozing despicability by calling him "pathetic," which is a mild term for what he really is. I tell you, I don't know how she handles it. And I know Todd would like just five minutes with him!

I guess it boils down to this: How dare Governor Palin leave Alaska and come to New York. How dare she love her country enough to speak up. Who does she think she is to have something to say? Doesn't she know she should be seen and not heard? This is really what some people think. They are so bothered by her that they can't stand it, so threatened, so completely afraid. Of what, you ask? Of everything about her: her appeal, her courage, her utter refusal to back down, her support base--and her likelihood of being the next President of the United States. Okay, you do have a point, and I have one thing to say to you: Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Reaganite Republican Resistance June 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

If Sarah Palin is SO silly and irrelevant, why the obsession? Clearly the Left noted her appeal, and are out to eliminate the threat- it’s not like it’s not obvious.

And she’s been highly successful in life while ignoring the left-wing feminist model… this helps to explain the extra dose of venom in the attacks. Of course, the Democrats are plenty afraid of Palin coming-back at them in 2012 with a dynamic and complementary VP like Bobby Jindal… or visa versa.

And they surely have reason to fear her- Palin is the most popular governor in the country… are all those people idiots?

Alaska was a pretty corrupt system until she stepped in. Her reforms took on entrenched politicians (inc. Republicans), a mafioso-style union boss, and Big Oil.

Wouldn’t it have been nice if Obama had been principled and brave enough to confront the corrupt Chicago Democratic Machine?

Or shady political operators like Tony Rezko?

Racist preachers?

Instead of doing business with every last one of them?

Go get em, Sarah- and don’t mind the press, nobody will be listening to them anymore after the pending Obamamania implosion- and once the ties of GE and others with media holdings to the Chicago-style Obama administration are fully exposed.

Anonymous,  June 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I am so disgusted. I was ready to pick up the phone and call CBS, but I'm going to wait until the morning when I'm calmer.

The laughter of the audience was just the icing on the cake.

Kristina June 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I could not believe he said that! WOW! I'm really speechless right now! Will have to leave another comment later after I digest this!

Lisa Graas June 10, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Letterman used to be funny. Not anymore. I would honestly have been just as offended if it had been Bill O'Reilly saying that about Britney Spears and I mean that truly. It's simply not funny, no matter who is saying it and no matter who it's said about. It's objectively crass.

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Her daughter is 18 years old. Get your facts straight. :)

Adrienne June 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM

the daughter who was at the Yankee game--the one Letterman was referring to--was NOT the 18 year old; it was Willow, the 14 year old. Get YOUR facts straight. If you spent as much time doing YOUR research as you do defending a disgusting sexist comment, you might know what you're talking about. Just so you know, I do my research, which is why I can call out the likes of you and the mainstream media--both who don't have a clue, apparently!

By the way, even if her daughter were 40, the comment would still be disgusting--and anyone with a shred of integrity would know that. Now where does that leave you?

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 2:19 PM

David Letterman and the whole CBS network should be ashamed of themselves. How can they get away with making those infammatory (recorded) remarks about an underage child? I can only hope that David Letterman apologizes for his cruel and intentional remarks.

Anonymous,  June 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM

David you have never been funny but now you are just plain sick. a pervert I hope you never have a daughter as sick as you are

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Letterman and CBS sould lose viewers because of these comments. The jokes are not funny..I used to watch him but now he is getting to be such a jerk he is hard to watch.. Wish someone would make fun of his very unattractive wife on national TV and he would see how it feels.

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 12:42 AM

You so called Christians really need to get a life. I have watched David since he started his show. He is not perverted. It was A joke. He is a commedian. If you took things commedians say seriously there would be no laughter or jokes. Get a grip.

Adrienne June 11, 2009 at 1:04 AM

It's not funny!

Wendy,  June 11, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Cowardly anonymous..Christian has nothing to do with it neither does comedy. I am sick of the comedy excuse for classless behavior and comments, totally innappropriate, anti-women comments. It's quite obvious that this jerk has no respect for women and thinks child rape is funny, and probably rape of any women. Where is your outrage, would you feel the same if he said the same thing about one of Obamas children..maybe a right wing guy should make a joke like that immediately about one of Obamas kids and see if it's just as funny. I seem to remember there was outrage about a cartoon about Obamas policy not too long ago. And it was a cartoon..pure satire.

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 2:05 AM

Darlene Has Spoke:
What David Letterman said about Sarha Palin's daughter is sexual harssment. David Letterman and CBS should be sued. I don't know this Alex he was talking about but he should be irate too.
Letterman should not make a joke about some male raping a 14 year old girl or any women. This is very hateful and hurtful to any women. Rape is not funny and never should be used in a joke any where, anytime. But on National TV if CBS doesn't fire Letterman they are condoning that rape and sexual harassment is OK. I have 40 employees if anyone of my employees made a comment like that they would be fired on the spot and taken to court. What is wrong with this world if we let this go without a fight. Women are raped and sexual harassed and abused every minute of the day. It is not OK!! All women should stand up and fight!!There are laws against this type of behavior. The audience should have never laught. I'll bet most of them wished they had never laught after they thought about what was really said. "Cut that out get back in the dugout" Letterman indicated she was knocked up by an older man and against her will. Letterman you just rape a 14 year old girl with your words. Are you proud of yourself pervert David Letterman? You make me sick!!

Jo Ann,  June 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM

It is completely disgusting what David Letterman recently said and has said in the past about Sarah Palin and her family. However, it is seldom mentioned by the liberal media which is most media except for Fox News. If those remarks had been made about the Obama daughters or other members of liberal politicians, there would have been an outcry of disdain which would have been a normal reaction. Where are the feminists who pretend to uphold women's rights?

Anonymous,  June 12, 2009 at 12:34 AM

mlmyers said
Some one better check him our it sounds like he could be a child molester. If Any one else would
make a comment like he would have the law all over them. Sounds like he is a pervert in the first degree.

Anonymous,  July 4, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Sarah Palin=quiter! She sold out Alaska, thank God she never had a chance to do that in Washington.

Adrienne July 5, 2009 at 3:51 AM

The Anonymous person who commented on July 4th: Wrong! She has not quit, nor will she. She will fulfill her purpose. Truth is, those who don't want to see her succeed will wish she had quit because she WILL succeed. But those who wish her well will rejoice and say, "Look what the Lord has done!"

"If God be for you who can be against you?" God is for Sarah Palin, and He's for you--and for all who will be for Him. God bless you.