They're Coming for YOU!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

"In Germany, the Nazis first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me...
By that time there was no one to speak up for anyone."
--The Reverend Martin Niemoller

This is not a post about Nazis, but the quote still applies. The radical factions who espouse an anti-God, anti-family, and anti-freedom agenda are coming for you. Yes, you. So you'd better determine where you stand, and you'd better make that determination now. The attacks on conservatives--particularly Christian conservatives--are constant, calculated, and cold-blooded. And they're only going to intensify. You better believe that attacks on people like Sarah and Willow Palin and Carrie Prejean are not isolated, rare incidences. The heat will be turned up. The question is: Will you feel it? The answer depends on you. You'll feel it only if you're in the kitchen. In other words, only if you're a threat, only if you're engaged in the fight. As long as you sit and do nothing, don't worry; you're safe. But that inactivity comes at a great price.

I am tired of the Christians who say that their fellow Christians with the nerve to take a stand should shut up, sit down, and be happy. I am tired of Christians who think there's some kind of virtue in not rocking the boat and not speaking the truth--so they condemn other Christians who have the intestinal fortitude, not to mention the spiritual discernment, to know that now is not the time to take a back seat and accept whatever is being thrown at you. You want to go hide? Hiding is for cowards. People of principle don't hide; they fight--first on their knees, but then on their feet.

They come against the unborn, denying them the right to life, and you do nothing because, well, your children are safe. They come against Willow Palin in an effort to destroy her mother, and you find no voice. I mean, who are you to be outraged? You're not a woman. They come against Christians to silence them, taking away their right to simply gather in their own home to pray with others, and you don't even sweat. After all, it's not your place to question the powers that be. Besides, you like to pray home alone. They come against Carrie Prejean, stripping her of her crown because she took a stand for her faith and declared marriage to be between one man and one woman, and you barely notice. I mean, it's not your problem, is it? You don't even like beauty pageants.

You are too busy to get involved, or you believe it's wrong to speak out, or you think everything's going to be okay in the sweet by and by. The problem is they're coming for you! And when they do, your "by and by" will be replaced by saying "bye bye" to life as you've known it in this country. While you sit by and watch them pick off people, and faith, and family one by one, while you hide away in your self-induced delusion that you're not supposed to speak up, they're coming for you. You have not been called to sit idly by. You have not been anointed to glance with eyes glazed over at our president and just be content to pray for him rather than oppose him when he tramples on the foundation of our Christian heritage. The thought that you should just smile and nod is a thought from the pit of hell. Send it back.

You have been called to action. You have been called to side with that which is right. And if you do not, when you finally wake up--causing them to turn their attention in your direction--who will be left to fight for you?

Erin Crane,  June 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Oh my gosh, Adrienne, I posted this exact quote on the comment section on Conservatives 4 palin...this is EXACTLY how I feel! If we don't speak up for others, who will speak up for us? And is this not what we are called to do as Christians!!!! You are spot on!

Sheila,  June 11, 2009 at 9:16 PM

You just said what I have been wanting to say but couldn't get the words to flow. You are exactly right. We cannot be complacent any longer. We must stand up now. I sit amazed how people have no clue about what is going on around them, but can tell you anything you want to know about American Idol. This must stop or we will lose America forever. Thank you for putting it dow so clearly. I love your posts.

Betsy June 11, 2009 at 10:32 PM

You are so right Adrienne. We as Christians have sat back way too long and have said nothing.

Since last August when Sarah was picked as the Republican nominee for V.P. I have really been paying attention to the American politics. I care what is going on in my country and it grieves me because too many things have been allowed to slip by and looked at that it is not important anymore.

It's like the frog story. The frog is in water and the temperature gets hotter and hotter and the frog does not notice it and it doesn't jump out. It's a warning to everyone to pay attention to what is going on. Don't be blind and pass it off like it is nothing. It is danger that is lurking at the door and we better pay attention now before it is too late. We have no excuse for not paying attention.

susitna-flower June 11, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Great post, it needs to go out to all ORGANIZERS across the US!!! Do you have access to the mailing list yet?

Jacky,  June 11, 2009 at 11:59 PM

This morning I was saying to my best friend the same things. We are so conform to our own life that cannot have empathy with others. What Bible are they reading? The 12 disciple died for the faith, they don’t die because of old age and going every Sunday to church, they died fitting the good fight of faith.

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.”
2 Timothy 4:7

Adrienne June 12, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Thank you.

I do not yet have access to our mailing list.

Anonymous,  June 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

So much outrage from you "christians" but not a peep about the racism and sexism that has been directed at Michelle Obama - now I wonder why that is?

Adrienne June 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

"You 'Christians,'" you say? What an interesting expression. I've heard something like it before.

Common sense says that outrage is the correct response to ALL real isms and prejudices, whether sexism, racism, or comments I've heard recently directed at "You Christians." I wonder where I heard that one. Hmmm...

I hope you don't pick and choose which ones are worthy of your outrage. Remember, they're coming for you, too.

Tanya June 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Adrienne, I like your response to "Anonymous." I would love to know the specifics the alleged racism and sexism directed at Michelle Obama. It's too bad that she or he did not elaborate.

Bobbie,  June 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Adrienne and Tanya, Why do you think they posted as "Anonymous"? As as Christian, I have been speaking out, following my Rep and Senators votes and writing them. I contacted CBS execs and the White House. Children tell it best. This was sent to me by my Sunday School teacher: what a testimony!

He was just a little boy
On a week's first day.
Wandering home from Bible School,
And dawdling on the way.
He scuffed his shoes into the grass,
He even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod,
And blew out all the 'filler'.
A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
So wisely placed up high.
Was just another wonder,
That caught his eager eye.
A neighbor watched his zig zag course,
And hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day
And what was going on.
'I've been to Bible School", he said
And turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm replying
'I've learned a lot about God.'

'M'm very fine way',the neighbor said,
'For a boy to spend his time'.
'If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime.'

Quick as a flash, the answer came!
Nor were his accents faint.
'I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't!'

What a wonderful answer from a child!!!

Adrienne June 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Thank you, Bobbie. Keep up the good work. We need Christians willing to fight the fight.

Rosie June 13, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Thanks Adienne. Great blog.

Anonymous,  June 15, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Example of the racism and sexism Michelle Obama has had to put up with...with no defence from you so called christians - defend this ..if you dare!!

Over at, Burt Prelutsky wrote this post before the offensive lines were erased:

“..After all, in spite of the fact that affirmative action got her an Ivy League degree and a $7,000-a-week salary and, moreover, has sent billions of dollars for no particularly good reason to Africa, she insists this is a mean country. The burning question in my circle is: if the First Family gets a female dog, will she be the First Bitch or will she have to settle for second place?

Naturally, the left-wing media is now trying to convince us that this James Brown-look-alike has all the allure, glamour and fashion sense of Jackie Kennedy”….. calls itself the #1 conservative website. And thats'what comes from the self proclaimed #1 conservative website?

Let’s read what Mr. Prelutsky wrote again…

“The burning question in my circle is: if the First Family gets a female dog, will she be the First Bitch or will she have to settle for second place?”
“… the left-wing media is now trying to convince Over at Town Michelle Malkin has a post asking David Letterman if he'll allow his son to talk about girls in a similar fashion?

Where was the outrage when one of their own said this mess on their website about Michelle?
And some conservative please tell me what she's done as a wife and mother to deserve that?

Adrienne June 15, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Okay, so you've gone from spitting out "you Christians" to spitting out "so-called Christians." Good thing I know who I am in Christ!

SOME of the comments that you say were at have since been removed--were rude, and I don't approve of them. I don't, however, see sexism or racism in them as you do, but I do see rudeness in some of them (not all), and I don't condone that. You don't see those types of remarks on my blog, do you? Of course not.

In answer to your question, I don't think Michelle Obama deserves mean comments about her looks. Clearly, you don't know me, but I spent some time this past weekend battling with people online who were making cruel comments about how others look. I find that kind of thing reprehensible, and I do speak out against it.

Again, I don't condone making personal attacks on people. I don't have a problem, however, with having an intelligent conversation about Michelle Obama's comments about America. She certainly did state some things that seemed to be disrespectful of America, and attended a church that was clearly anti-American and prejudiced, if you ask me. So we can engage in that kind of talk, but to me that's different from attacking based on physical things. Women, especially, are the ones who are made to suffer low self-esteem as a result, which Governor Palin pointed out when Letterman made his unfunny, disgusting, perverted jokes about her and her 14 year old child. I'm not sure I would agree that saying Michelle looked like James Brown is sexist or racist. And it is probably only rude to those who have a problem with James Brown's appearance, but they would have to search themselves for what the root of that problem is. I just think it's best overall if we stick to the issues, rather than looks.

The comments about affirmative action were designed to express that she has benefitted so much from the largess of America, so why would it take her so long to be "proud of [her] country"? That was the point--and one that is not racist, but worthy of conversation.

You seem to suggest that because of some mean comments directed toward Michelle Obama, you are justified in not speaking out against the treatment of Sarah Palin. Somehow I believe you can find room to be equally condemning of both--unless you have another agenda in fighting people who defend Sarah. Such an agenda is nonsense.

Finally, I'm so tired of the Left playing the race card to control votes, which is exactly what they do. They play the race-game because they know that's all it takes to dangle Blacks from their puppet strings. One day, I hope, people will wake up and see they're being used.

And I'll tell you this, I have never heard a conservative attack the children of politicians. Even President Obama's fiercest critics do not go after his children--ever. Food for thought.

We have exhausted this discussion, I believe. So let's move on. You seem to like it here at Motivation: Truth.