Guest Appearance on the Eddie Burke Radio Show, Alaska's Best

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Early this afternoon (Well, it's after 2 a.m., so it was really yesterday!), I left Wasilla to head to Anchorage. I had a 2:00 appointment to be on the air with Alaska's Best, Eddie Burke, at KBYR, an affliate of Fox News Radio. I was privileged to meet him at the Wasilla TEA Party on the 4th of July, and he invited me and Denise Spencer to come on his show. This was my first time in a studio, and I was just loving the treatment: "Can we get anything for you? Would you like some coffee? How 'bout some water? You're cold? No problem; let me turn down the A.C." It was pretty cool, to say the least. Then came the big headphones, and Denise and I felt like we were in one huge vacuum. It took some getting used to.

Eddie makes it easy to relax. He's so wild, loud, and passionate that you can't help but get into the whole spirit of it. I loved being in the studio, talking about Governor Palin, explaining the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee, and taking questions from callers. Then an hour after we started, Rachelle Friberg, our new San Diego Organizer, called in to be interviewed. I must say the three of us made a great team. Actually, I should say four of us because he put April on the air briefly to talk about the Alaska aspect of the Committee and to tell people how they can get involved right here in the state.

You know, I wasn't really even nervous. I think that had to do with the subject matter. Look, I don't pretend to know everything about Governor Palin, but I do know what I know, and this is what I know: I know she is what America needs. I know she has run her state well. I know people are drawn to her because she stands for core common sense values. I know people can relate to her. I know her work ethic is enviable. I know she loves and supports our military. I know she has fought for energy independence which is needed to use our God-given resources and to keep America secure. I know she believes in less government intrusion. I know she abhors wasteful spending, understanding that spending more money is no way to recover from debt. I know she loves our children yet to be born and doesn't want to see us pass on to them the problems they had no hand in creating. I know she supports the Constitution and freedom. I know she is an advocate for individuals with special needs. I know she believes in leading with a servant's heart. I know she understands how to say "no" to tempting offers that are not in the best interest of people, like so-called stimulus funds with chains attached. I know she is bold as a lion and unafraid to speak out and stand up. I know she sees value and the hand of God in every single life, for she is hard-core pro-life. I know she loves her children and honors her husband. I know she loves her state and her nation. I know she loves her God and seeks His direction. The conclusion of the matter is that I know that I know that I know that Sarah Palin is the leader America is crying out for.

So you know what? It's easy to speak about Sarah Palin. It's easy to get on the microphone because I don't have to make up anything. I don't have to lie. Liars must have interesting lives. I read something once that said, "It's a terrible feeling to realize that you just lied on your lie!" (Yes, digest that a moment or Selah, as the Bible says!) Because I don't lie, I don't have that problem. I don't have to worry about remembering what I said to whom. When you speak the truth, you can live in freedom because the same truth is true no matter who you're talking to. Therefore, life is simple. This is how I distill the interviews I've had the last couple days: Sarah makes it easy for me to speak because I believe what I'm saying. I don't have to search for reasons why I support her. I don't have to pretend to respect her. I don't have to give the answer I've been told to give about some issue she represents. I know where I stand, so I'm free to be me. I'm free to talk about the governor. I'm free to share my heart and elaborate on any issue that I choose to elaborate on. Sarah makes it easy for me to be me just by Sarah being Sarah.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write about the question I was waiting to address, was wondering if Eddie would ask, and was glad that he did. I love his straightforwardness. Here's the question: "So what's a Black woman like you doing supporting a white girl like Sarah Palin?!" He wasn't suggesting I shouldn't support her; he was opening the door for me to talk about the issue of race--and it needs to be discussed. Thank you, Eddie. More on that next time.
Below check out some pictures of our trip to the the KBYR studio in Anchorage, Alaska!

Kristina July 8, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Great Post Adrienne! I listened to you guys yesterday online! I wish I was in AK right now. I can't wait any longer lol!

But you hit the nail on the head. We don't have to make up anything to say about Sarah-- we don't have to have lets say a teleprompter standing right in front of us! We all should know what we love about Sarah and just speak from the heart and speak out what's right! That's what Sarah has done and always will do.

Anonymous,  July 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Adrienne,

I just recently discovered this page. It's so refreshing at last to hear Truth, that we True Christians can identify with. I forwarded this page to those on my e mail list who voted for Sarah. I agree that Sarah is not finished because the Lord has annointed and called her for this time. Proof is because how much darkness hates her. She needs much prayer covering to fulfill her destiny. God bless you for standing with Sarah, especially being a black lady, all because you truly are free! PTL. In Christ, Sue, Tulsa, Ok.

Adrienne July 8, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Thank you so much, Sue. With all my heart I appreciate what you have said. God bless you.

Yes, let's continue to stand with Governor Palin. She has been called "for such a time as this." We have yet to see what Jesus is going to do, but when it's all said and done, many who have hated and opposed her will look back in shame at what they gave themselves to.

Thank you for forwarding my link to your email list.

Adrienne July 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Kevin Abel,

I hope you read this. I cannot find where you posted your comment or exactly what you said. Pleae email me at www.motivationtruth.com or tweet me at Adrienne2012 so I can answer your question about 2012 DSC.

Thanks.

Tanya July 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Looking forward to reading your answer to Burke's question :-))!

Anonymous,  July 8, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Adrienne,

I am an American and I can assure you that I am not crying out for Sarah Palin's leadership.

Regards,

The Enemy

TexMex July 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Well, truth be told, there aren't enough seats on the Sarah Express to accomodate the Donny Downers.

But, you're a least polite, Enemy.

Wonderful reporting, Ms. Adrienne! Keep it coming.

Conservative Chick July 10, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Yayyy, Adrienne, so glad you posted photos of our interview. You're right, it was so much fun. The four of us rocked!!! You and Denise and April did an excellent job. I posted an entry about our interview too over at http://conservativegirlwithavoice.blogspot.com Keep up the great work, hun!!! Rachelle :)

Wasilla Tour July 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I called in the day you were there to comment on Senator Murkowski's remark about Sarah abandoning her post. I reminded the audience that Sarah said that Sen. Murkowski had a double standard because she left her post in the state legislator to become Senator and her dad left his post as Alaska's Senator to become Governor. Then we went to break and I called back to welcome you to Alaska and thank you for the work you are doing for Sarah. I also invited you to take a complimentary "Wasilla Tour". I thought they would give you my phone number, (907)376-4287, give me a call. You can also go to the website, www.WasillaTour.com. The tour includes highlights of Sarah Palin's hometown; ride a dog sled athe the Iditarod Trail Headquarters; View Musk Ox, prehistoric animals from the Ice Age; Walk amongst reindeer, see moose, elk and deer; travel to a Native Village with a Russian Orthodox church and Indian Spirit Houses; Lunch at the histric Colony Inn Cafe in Palmer; snack of reindeer sausage and Alaska Glacier water; and a train ride back to Anchorage on the Alaska Railroad, departing at the Wasilla Depot. I hope you are still in Alaska, give me a call, I would love to meet you. Barbara Adams

Anonymous,  July 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Here is a quote from your post: "I know her work ethic is enviable."
One question, is quitting in the middle of a tough fight enviable? Is that something to be proud of and a characteristic to pass on to our children?
And most importantly, don't confuse believes and opinions with truth and facts.
Thank God the Sarah Express is full -- all 17 of you. And with the intelligence you all have shown during the past 10 months, that bus will slide off a cliff in the near future because it will have tried to miss a pot hole that wasn't repaired since Sarah refused the stimulus money. That's Karma!