Sarah Steps Down to Step Up

Saturday, July 4, 2009

My cell phone started going crazy not long after April and I headed down to Wasilla from Fairbanks. We were going to drive the 5 plus hours and stop periodically for me to do my tourist thing--take lots and lots of pictures. And that I did. What beautiful scenery. I have so many pictures, it's ridiculous. Can't wait to show them to you. But not now. I know those pictures are the last things on your mind right now. Everyone was calling and texting and tweeting about Sarah's announcement of her resignation. Not only is she not running for re-election; she's stepping down as governor, effective at the end of the month! It amazes me that this announcement was made during my trip here in Alaska. Very interesting to me...

There is much speculation out there, and I'm too tired to even begin to address each one. Tonight I had dinner with several of Sarah's supporters and friends here in Wasilla. We talked a lot, ate incredibly scrumptious salmon--Sarah's recipe, by the way--and speculated until we couldn't speculate any further. So I'm not even going to go there right now, and I'm not going to post a long blog with pictures of today and tonight. Not now anyway. Today was too long, and as wonderful as the scenery was, I have to admit I was very distracted by the news, and my mind was reeling as my phone went as wild as my thoughts.

Today, someone posted a comment under an old post on this blog. In the usual anti-Palin hatred tone, it says something like, "HEEEE HOOOO HAAAA! Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!" Look, like I said, I am too tired to get into that now. But I do have a message for that anonymous person suffering from Chronic Fear of Palin-itis. And I do have a message for others who are tweeting, emailing, texting, and blogging--looking for encouragement. (And so many are looking for encouragement, feeling nervous, and wondering what is going on.) My message is this: "It's not over." I said on November 4th, even with a broken heart, "We have not seen the last of Sarah Palin." It was not something I had planned to say or had thought about beforehand; it was something I knew. So what I said on November 4th is the same thing I say right now, on July 4th, at 12:02 a.m., "We have not seen the last of Sarah Palin." Haters, don't gloat. Supporters, don't lose heart. She has been called "For such a time as this," and she will fulfill the destiny to which God has called her. If you don't get what I'm trying to say, let me tell you what I feel in my gut just a little less subtly: I am still the Media Director and New York State Organizer of the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee--and I don't plan on stepping down. Now, make of that what you will.

Sarah is unconventional in her approach, but her heart is always for Alaska--and for the nation. God bless Sarah Palin and her family.

Sarah said earlier:

"We are not retreating; we are advancing in another direction."

She also tweeted:

"We'll soon attach info on decision to not seek re-election... this is in Alaska's best interest, my family's happy... it is good, stay tuned"

Yes, stay tuned. The best is yet to come.

Patty July 4, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Thanks so much Adrienne for encouraging us as Sarah Palin has stepped down as Governor of Alaska effective soon. I feel strongly that the Lord has big plans for her. I feel so excited at the possibility of her being a major leader in our country. I look forward to watching her future unfold. Thanks for all you do. I love your blog!

Have a blessed 4th of July!

Sheila,  July 4, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I couldn't wait to see what your response to all of this was going to be. I too feel God has bigger plans for her. Her message yesterday was filled with cryptic messages for all of us. Meg Stapleton seemed almost giddy when she was interviewed on Fox. We will soon see what is in store for her. Until then, keep the faith.

cudaforever July 4, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Hey Adrienne, I was waiting for your blog post because I got the news while I was touring around Anchorage. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to get back to the Hotel room to see what was going on. Sarah will grow stronger from this, of that I am certain because she has all of her priorities in order: FAITH, FAMILY , COUNTRY. She is in my prayers and I will be here to support her every step of the way. I'll see you in a couple of hours in Wasilla :) GO SARAH GO !!!

God Bless and Happy 4th of July,

Billy

Erin (EMC) July 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Adrienne-
I have enjoyed ur updates on meeting Sarah/serving on the draft Sarah committee/and now your visit to Alaska. Like all the Sarah supporters online (mostly @ C4P and Twitter), I feel a special kinship to you and others over this very topic, yet we have never met.
Something about your faith in God, and now, faith in Sarah that makes me feel there is something much greater going on here and so I thank you for your comments on this. For what seems like a blow today (and yesterday), is really yet to be determined. Didn't she do something similar to this a few yrs back that seemed like political suicide, only to come back a few years later and win the governorship? The Lord has plans...and you are right...we are placed in situations on purpose to make those plans come to fruition for Him.

Have a wonderful Independence Day in Alaska...and if you see Sarah, please wish her a Happy Independence Day as well...a new kind of Independence for her this year...

Anonymous,  July 4, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 15:58
imchairwoman :) Irma

T July 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Adrienne, I was one of the many anxiously awaiting your Tweet and/or blog on this after I heard the news. My first thought was that her enemies have won, but then I came to my senses. I KNOW that being the woman of God that she is and being led by His Spirit, SHE has the victory--whatever path that Lord leads her down. I wait with great anticipation for the Lord had next for her!

P.S. A dear friend of mine is just tickled that I have the "inside track" on this :-))!

Adrienne July 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Keep believing. Know that God is in control.

I said all day yesterday that I don't think it's an accident that Sarah made her announcement right before Independence Day. To me it translates to "I'm free now! No more chains holding me down!" or as I would say, being a Black sistuh, "Get up off me!"

Let's see how it all plays out. But whatever you do, I encourage you to do what the Lord said to me a few months ago, "Pray and pray HARD!"

Palin Conservative July 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I believe in Sarah and I have faith in her decision. I believe she made this decision for the right reasons and I stand behind her. I know in the long run, this will turn out for the best, but it's hard to see that right now because everything is clouded over with uncertainty. Your words helped make things clearer for me.

The most important thing (and the one thing that the pundits aren't saying) is, that Sarah and her beautiful family are happy. This is the bottom line and what we can all take away at the end of the day. From her words and her tweets, it sounds like they are. That's good enough for me right now.

Thanks again, Adrienne, for encouraging us all to "trust" Sarah (as she said in her speech yesterday). Enjoy the rest of your trip in Alaska!!

Hilary

Sue July 4, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Adrienne,
My mind went IMMEDIATELY to you, as I knew you were up there, at the annoucement. I hope you are correct and we HAVE NOT heard the last of Sarah Palin. This country needs her...in any way, shape or form she chooses to serve.

God Bless!!!

Anonymous,  July 5, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I believe you are right that God is calling her. I think He has huge things in mind for Sarah. I personally see her as a Joan of Arc type figure. She can lead a rebellion of us mere peasants as she goes to Washington to wage war on the bastards who have been sticking it to us for years.

She scares the hell out of the established order. She shut down corruption in Alaska an dshe can and will do it in DC. Today is our 233rd birthday. I believe in 233 years Sarah will go down as one of the greatest Americans in history and we can take pride in that we were her initial supporters.

Anonymous,  July 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM

My immediate reaction was "brilliant move." Her basketball analogy was explicit. She knows she must move now as she sees how Obama is weakening America. She "sensed" that on her visits with the military. She declared "her Independence day." That's our Sarah!!! Diane