My Time Magazine Interview and Wasilla Assembly of God

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just a quick post...

I forgot to mention something last night. A journalist with Time magazine was at the TEA Party. He interviewed me about the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. Now, he seems like a very nice guy--whatever that means--but I gave him a hard time before and after the interview. I told him not to twist my words against Sarah, as the mainstream media so often does, and I asked him if he planned on participating in the media malpractice--to use John Ziegler's phrase--so commonly practiced on Sarah Palin. I smiled while saying it, but he knew I was serious. I spoke my heart, but I exercised wisdom when answering his questions about 2012. Hey, can you blame me? The media gets intoxicated by doing hit pieces on the governor. Not on my watch! He's going to be on Greta Van Susteren this week, but said the details of my interview would be shared in an article he's writing, set to come out Thursday at http://www.time.com/time/. So I look forward to seeing what he does with my words.

This morning I attended church at Wasilla Assembly of God. They came to national attention during the presidential campaign because that's the church Sarah Palin grew up attending and attended until a few years ago. Since learning about them, I enjoy watching their services online at home, and I enjoy the ministry of Pastor Ed Kalnins. I had told myself months ago that if I ever got to Wasilla, Alaska, I'd go visit. Well, I got to Wasilla, Alaska, so I visited. I know now that I was supposed to visit. I won't share it all, but I left there with a pep in my step, as God used Pastor Kalnins to speak a Word to me. He came over to April and me before church and greeted us, and we introduced ourselves. After church, I wanted to tell him goodbye and let him know I would be praying for them. He asked me what I was doing all the way from New York. My response was simply, "I really don't know. I have had some Words that I needed to come, and I came. I'm not really sure what it all entails." He then asked if he could pray for me because I was about the 35th person who has said basically the same thing to him, that God told them there was a reason for them to come to Alaska, but they just didn't quite know what it was. He prayed for me and then stopped to share with me what the Lord showed him. I was blown away because his words were a total confirmation of what the Lord has already laid on my heart. Jesus is so amazing. Although I want to treasure in my heart for now what he shared with me, and do not feel to share it with everyone here now, I'll just say he gave me what I know to be the Word of the Lord. It was both a confirmation and new knowledge and fills me with a reason to be confident in walking forward in His plan. All these months of praying and defending have not been a plan I have chosen for myself. No, the Lord is in control. Man! God brought me all the way to Alaska in part to speak that Word that I so needed to hear. But there's so much more.

More to come...

LindaW July 5, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Awesome, can't wait to read it! Hope they don't twist your words.

LoveThatGirl July 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM

In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?
Psalm 56:11
-Irma (imchairwoman-twitter)

Betsy July 5, 2009 at 8:33 PM

You know, that is so true, there are times God gives us a word of something, someone says something to us that perhaps we have not said a word and it is what we have been praying and seeking the Lord about. Awesome how God works like that.

I had the same thing happen to me this past week. It was confirmed to me the next day. I was like, wow. It was so specific that something like that makes your faith in God grow deeper.

I agree, that there are times we are to be quiet for a time what the Lord shows us personally. We may and may not share what the Lord showed us.

We serve an awesome God and He is always specific with us.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time in Alaska. What a great experience.

I will be praying for you. Could I ask you to pray for me please? I have been out of work since March 2008 and I live in California.
Thank you.

Blessings

Sue July 5, 2009 at 10:12 PM

That is so awesome! What a wonderful post and yes, we serve a wonderful God! I love how when we let him lead he does such amazing things!
Blessings to you!

blestmom July 6, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Hi Adrienne,

This is my first visit to your blog. I saw a link over at C4P. I live in Wasilla. I was at the parade yesterday, and the TEA party. I'm so glad you're getting to spend time in our great state. Thank you for your support of Sarah. She's an amazing woman.

Adrienne July 6, 2009 at 4:24 AM

Blestmom,

Thank you! I feel very blessed to be in your state--and your city. I was thinking about it today: Wasilla feels like home to me.

It is my honor to support and defend your governor. I cannot help but do so.

Anonymous,  July 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Loved your comments, Adrienne. Can't wait to see your pictures of the parade. I'm leaving for Fairbanks next Monday for a week and can't wait to get the "feel" of God's country. How was the weather? I'm coming from Miami. Diane

Lipstick July 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Adrienne:

Thank you for your post and testamony. I cannot wait to hear the rest when the Lord allows you to share it. I had chills reading your post. The Lord is moving, I do not know what is or will happen, but it is obvious that the Lord is using people who are ready, listening to Him and willing to obey.

Thank you for your testamony.

Your Sister in Christ,

Kevin Abell July 6, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Adrienne as a Christian as well, where at my church we see blessings and miracles every sunday and saturday www.rez.org). I am still blown away as to the position the Lord as put you in through 2012 Draft Sarah. Also want to ask what speicfically did u mean by "I declare that today was "Warfare in the Spirit Day." Much accomplished in the Spirit for God's will 4 Alaska and for Governor Palin today." on ur twitter thank you keep it up. Kevin Abell No. Co. Rep. for 2012

Alaska Stafford July 7, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Thanks for visiting Wasilla A/G and your kind words about us. We are glad you enjoyed your visit here. It looks like you had a good trip!

Adrienne July 8, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Alaska Stafford,

The blessing was all mine to visit WAG. I was invited to attend somewhere else, and I almost changed my mind and visited the other church instead, but I just couldn't. I'm so glad I listened to that still small voice. I appreciate the heart of the ministry there. I know perseverence was mentioned during the service celebrating Pastor Kalnins's 10th year. Keep on in God, and He will continue to show Himself to be the Mighty God we know Him to be.

Online I have heard Pastor Kalnins's talk about the plan God has for Alaska. I believed it, but I understand it better now, especially after attending church with Dutch Sheets Sunday night. God's plan for Alaska is amazing!

Anonymous,  July 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Adrienne,

A recent guest speaker (Lance Wallnau) at Wasilla Assembly of God stated that Christians should be doing in the US what "jihād oriented Muslims" are doing in their countries. Do you agree with Wallnau's line of thinking?