Celebrating Sarah Palin's Coming Out Party One Year Later

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today is a special day indeed as so many are celebrating the one-year anniversary of the day John McCain tapped Sarah Palin to be his running mate. In fact, I just returned from New York City where I got together with some Palin supporters, bloggers, and activists. Life has not been the same since that day last year--not for Sarah Palin, not for America, and not for me.

I remember leaving the mall that afternoon on August 29, 2008. The car radio was on, and I heard the announcement that Senator John McCain had chosen Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska, to run this race alongside him. My first thought was, "Alaska?" My second thought--and I remember it so well--was, "Hillary is going to be SO mad!" As I was not at all a Hillary supporter, I relished in that thought. I did not expect Barack Obama to win the presidency--just didn't believe he would--and I just knew Hillary was going to be ticked off that a woman had beaten her to the White House!

Later when the media was covering Sarah Palin, showing who she was and discussing her record, I was hit with an awareness that she was not just another candidate. I could sense in my spirit that there was something special about her, something godly. And I was so excited. Something on the inside bore witness that this woman was the real deal.

And then, of course, all hell broke lose, as the powers on the Left descended on Wasilla, Alaska trying to dig up dirt. When they couldn't find any, they created their own. I have a feeling Sarah had no idea what she was getting herself into when she stepped onto that stage after McCain's announcement. But she certainly knows now--and she has proven that she can handle herself well.

In the course of a year, I have studied Sarah Palin, admired her record, met her and her family, visited her state, and fell in love with her hometown. My mind has not changed about her. I still respect her, still believe God has called her for this time, and still know she will continue to lead with great integrity.

When Sarah and McCain lost the election, I just knew it wasn't over. In fact, the night of November 4th, after Obama was declared the winner, I felt my world had come crashing down. But I uttered aloud, "The world has not seen the last of Sarah Palin." I had not thought before I spoke. It simply came out of me. It was one of those "I know that I know that I know" moments. And I never prayed for Sarah--or this nation--more than after November 4th.

It took a while for me to recuperate from what was lost when the country did not elect Sarah. Actually, I'm not sure I'm fully over it yet. But one thing I do believe is true, no matter what it looks like now: For America and for Sarah Palin, the best is yet to come--and I believe the two are unmistakably linked.

GinaM August 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Adrienne this statement right here...SIGH

What exactly did YOU lose? We were not electing Sarah Palin. John McCain was running for the Presidency. Sarah Palin was selected for one reason...to shore up the base of the Republican party. She was not "annointed" to run for VP.

Adrienne Ross August 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I voted for her as did many Americans. Read my post called "Sarah Palin Killed the Lesser of Two Evils."

LoveThatGirl August 29, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Adrienne, thank you so much for this beautiful article. After the election I felt the same way. I cried and I have NEVER ever cried for any politician ever before in my life. Then again, Sarah in NOT your everyday politician, heck she is one of us. Sarah is a godly woman. Sarah is a David in the Bible. I know God is in control and His timing is perfect. I knew that we had not seen the last of Sarah. I had the honor of meeting her on Dec 01, 2008, in Perry, Ga, when she came to rally for Saxby. She is awesome, and I know in my heart that God has something very special waiting for all His children through Sarah Palin.
I have also been praying for her since the RNC, later I asked God what more could I do for Sarah Palin, I felt I needed to do more. He gave me the answer while I was sleeping(Be still and know that I am God). He answered, "Prayer Warriors for Sarah Palin." So I did what he said asked, The site is dedicated to Him, and to God be the glory.
I thank God for Sarah, Todd and their precious family everyday.
Sarah's mom and pop must be beautiful people because I love them as I love her, and I have never met them. May God continue to bless them for raising such a godly woman that will one day lead the United States of America back to Prosperity and to Him.
Blessings, Irma

GinaM August 29, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I've read it. The only problem I have is the use of the words "Lesser of Two EVILS". As much as you want to believe that you voted for Sarah Palin along with other Americans, your vote was counted towards John McCain. Sarah was selected to make SURE the BASE would vote for John McCain. You were just part of that BASE.

She was needed to make sure you felt GOOD about voting Republican.

Get it...GOOD vs EVIL

GinaM August 29, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Adrienne, you still haven't said what YOU lost after the election was over.

Janice,  August 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I believe some people just don't understand how strongly you feel about Sarah Palin. I think I have an idea -- from the moment I heard her acceptance speech (after a brief few seconds of, "Oh, I hope this was the right choice."), to listening to her in Leesburg, Va., at a campaign rally, to the Facebook notes she posts (not nearly enough), I have also felt she has been chosen to take America to a new place - or back to where it resembles what the founders dreamed of. A PTA-hockey-mom who rose quickly through the ranks, building popularity and support and stomping down hypocrisy and political correctness along the way...how could it be anything else? She is meant to lead. She is meant to inspire. She is meant to challenge the status quo and bring America back to a pro-life, constitutionally based society. I feel it, too, and have for just about a year now. There are a few people right now on the national level who seem to have this God-given power, and I wait with anticipation to see what will happen next. Sarah Palin and others have selflessly stepped up, as have their families. Thank God for their courage!

Sheila,  August 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I listened to Sarah speeches today as I cleaned my house. I wore my "Sarah Palin Is My Homegirl " shirt today when we visited my daughter and went out to eat. (By the way I got a great response to the shirt) This was my way of celebrating the day one of the rarest type of politicians hit the national spotlight. She was a Christian and proud of it. She was one of us, She was honest, She was not afraid to stand up to the status quo. But the best part is that she is still here, and we have not seen the last of Sarah Palin. Hold on tight. Its going to be rough going over the next few years in this country. Thank goodness we have a leader that I feel has been appointed by God. Keep up your good work also Adrienne.

Anonymous,  August 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Thank you so much, Adrienne, for ALL of your posts, and for all you do to spread the word about Sarah! I enjoy your writing style, as well as what you have to say.

Just watched this video tribute to Todd and Sarah Palin's wedding anniversary, and wanted to make sure you see it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1MygNIXbtA

GinaM August 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Sarah Palin may be a Leader. But she will not be elected as President of the United States. She QUIT her job as the Govenor of Alaska. QUIT. She had no rational reason for doing this.

So if you want to keep on believing that Sarah Palin is going to be President of the United States in 2012 I would recommend that you take a political science class and study politics. Because that is what Sarah Palin USE to be....a politician and unfortunately she CHOSE not be one any longer.

Anonymous,  August 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

All I can say is: AMEN Sister!

The "politicians" of today are a bunch of whining back biting, back stabbing, self centered, narcissistic, elitist scoundrels who are concerned only with their own wealth, power, and survival.

Sarah proved She cares more about Alaska's people than her own Political "Reputation" when she resigned (the purpose of which was to thwart Obama's attempt to smear her "Reputation" and Character before 2012)

Her Character shines and speaks so much Louder than her "Political Reputation" and million, I said MILLIONS of Americans see her Godly Character.

Go on and Mock Her you Obama Drones........ SARAH WILL BE BACK!

Love ya Adrienne and Remember: "Palin Press Secretary: Adrienne Ross" in 2012

Citizen T August 30, 2009 at 12:22 AM

"I know that I know that I know"

GinaM August 30, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Citizen T

I know that I know that I know"

Are you confused? What in the world does this phrase mean? Is this some kind of religous code?

Anonymous,  August 30, 2009 at 1:18 AM

I want to be nice, but you are acting like a troll.

This blog is one that supports of Sarah Palin. You obviously have contempt and disdain for Sarah and people who accept Christ as their Saviour.

Please don't be so rude and impolite by posting your "trollish" comments here.

No I am not Adrienne. I am a white, married male who believes in Individual Liberty.

Have a nice day, if you can. (You seem so unhappy and bitter and full of hate)

GinaM August 30, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Anon @ 1:18am please don't project your "unhappy and bitterness and full of hate" on to me. If you are Citizen T you don't have to hide behind Anonymous.

And as far as your first statement "that I want to be nice, but you are acting like a troll". That isn't exactly Christian like behavior... now is it?

I never thought you were Adrienne. I don't care what color you are...this is Adrienne's blog I'm sure if she doesn't want me commenting on HER Blog Citizen T...er Anonymous I believe she is woman enough to tell me so.

I hope you have a nice day, if you can:D

Shelly,  August 30, 2009 at 2:39 AM

If your actions inspire others to dream more,learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. -John Quincy Adams

To me this describes Sarah Palin. She inspires so many, and I support her 100% and thank her for her service. Plain and simple, I thank God for Sarah Palin.

Anonymous,  August 30, 2009 at 5:20 AM

My statement concerning your acting like a troll is very much Christ like. Christ always spoke TRUTH! (Truth is the Motivation for Adrienne's Blog)

I didn't project your Bitterness, Hate, and Unhappiness onto you; I am simply reflecting back to you what you are projecting, allowing you to see yourself for who you really are.

I will have a Wonderful Happy Day, Thank You. I am full of the Righteousness, Joy, and Peace that comes from being Born Again and knowing Jesus Christ as My Lord and Saviour.

No I am not Citizen T.

I am simply one of millions who is Just a Voice, and I LOVE Sarah Palin!

Adrienne Ross August 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM

You asked what I lost when the McCain-Palin ticket didn't prevail. If you cannot tell what I feel Americans--of which I am a part--have lost, you have missed the point of so many of my posts and the heart of this blog overall--and I couldn't possibly explain it in this comment section. Whether you agree with me or not, it should be clear what I feel we missed out on.