I Conquered a Bear in Alaska

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Conquering the bear at Tom and Kim's house in Wasilla, Alaska!

I told you that I was not done sharing my experience in Alaska with you. So much transpired: so much beauty, so much joy, so many new friends. This trip is something I will carry with me forever. And to be quite honest, I am having a very difficult time being back in New York. It has been a struggle for me, and I am working to not allow it to get the best of me, but it really isn't easy--to put it mildly. It's one of those things where nothing seems to taste quite right--figuratively speaking. Everything is bland, unseasoned, lacking spice. Yesterday I tweeted:
@lbergh You have no idea how much I feel like a fish (salmon or halibut) out of water! Gasping for air right now.

Having said that, I do have an expectation that the best is yet to come. I so often say that, and I will walk in that faith. Sometimes it's easy to believe it for someone else but more difficult to believe for oneself. Well, I'm believing it for me: Adrienne! In the meantime, I do get some enjoyment out of sharing Alaska with all of you. So enjoy the journey:

Pictures taken at Anchorage Zoo in Anchorage, Alaska:

Mountain goat on the highway!

Reindeer Farm in Palmer, Alaska

Tom and Kim's house--Check out those red salmon the guys caught!

Bear by the highway in Denali. Tracey yelled at me for getting out of car!

Sea Life Center in Seward, Alaska

Tom and Kim's house. Check out the "trophies" on the wall!

Tracey Porreca August 3, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Well, I didn't really yell, but NEVER get out of the car!!! lol Hope we get a chance to see some bears again soon. It was fun!!!

Adrienne August 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM

You yelled! LOL!

I hope I get to see more too--soon. I'm on my way now!

Anonymous,  August 3, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Tom is raising both eyebrows! He said, "Didn't I make it clear that she could be lunch for the bears?" LOL Thank God you survived that experience, Adrienne! I have to say- you should have listened to Tracey...lol. If you did yell, Tracey, thank you!! We LOVE Adrienne too much to have it all end that way. (Yikes!!).

Adrienne August 3, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I wasn't going to wander near the bear--just wanted to stand beside the car to get a good picture! LOL! And for the record, Tracey texted me to admit she did yell, but only because she didn't want to be the bear's lunch!

Kristina August 3, 2009 at 9:43 AM

HAHA! These comments are great! Adrienne, I am so glad that Tracey yelled at you!

Sue August 3, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I am so happy that you found such beauty while there. Once a person has been there you just can't help but want to go back. I am sure one day you will.
May God bless you and your ministry!

LoveThatGirl August 3, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Adrienne, thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures. They are great. I do like the bear by the highway picture. But most GLAD YOU WEREN'T LUNCH FOR THE BEAR.
It was great talking with you yesterday evening. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.
Blessings, Irma

Happyteach2@yahoo.com,  August 4, 2009 at 5:42 PM

And all this from the woman who freaked out when the ladybugs got in the house! LOL

Adrienne August 4, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Hi Linda,

I still hate bugs--and bears! LOL!