I'm Coming After MSNBC for Calling Sarah Palin the Poster Girl for Racism

Thursday, August 6, 2009

This is a new low. MSNBC is a disgrace, and I never expect anything remotely fair or ethical to emerge from their dealings with conservatives, Sarah Palin in particular, but their recent smearing is way over the top--and I'm just...FED UP! Why can't the Left just deal with the real issues? That would be "too much like right," so what do they do? You know what they do because you've seen it so many times before. When someone disagrees with them, they call them names. Their most recent tactic is calling people "angry mobs" who speak out against or ask legitimate questions about the president's death care (they call it health care) reform bill. That was a surprise because usually they just call people with an opinion of their own "racists." You've heard it before, and if you're on the Left, you probably have to admit that you've believed it--or at least wondered about it. It's their tactic, people. Wake up--and stop letting them play you!

After reading part of syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker's article in which she refers to Harper Lee's novel To Kill a Mockingbird--which addresses steep racism in the deep South--Chris Matthews actually had the nerve to ask her, "Is Sarah Palin a poster girl for racism, yes or no?"

What in the world?! What kind of allegation is that?! Almost as bad as the original question, was Kathleen's response, which was,

"Not consciously. I certainly don't think she, Sarah Palin, knows anything about Harper Lee or this deep history in the South where you don't position a White woman and a Black male and ... and ... pretend like there's nothing happening. There's a deep, deep history, which is why I dropped the Harper Lee in there."

Shall I translate her ill-formed response to say that Sarah Palin is too dumb to even know who Harper Lee is or understand the history of racism in the South? Is that what you got because that's what I got from her words.

Matthews follows that up by letting us know that he has just rewatched To Kill a Mockingbird where a white woman accused "a totally innocent Black guy" of rape and "was believed for no reason, except she said so."

So what does this have to do with Sarah Palin and Barack Obama, Chris?

Now, being somewhat of an expert on To Kill a Mockingbird, as I taught it for years, I have to break this down. Harper Lee's novel is, in my opinion, the greatest novel ever written--not that I've read them all, so you can weigh that opinion with other novels you have read. My point is you'll be hard-pressed to find a book so well-written, so thought-provoking, or so completely engaging. I'm talking about the book, now, not the Academy Award winning movie. If your only knowledge of To Kill a Mockingbird is the movie, you don't even know the story; talk to me after you've done the reading!

Matthews is referring to Mayella Ewell, the White girl considered "poor white trash" in her community, who accused a kind-hearted Black husband and father, Tom Robinson (I certainly hope no connection is being made there between these characters and Sarah and Obama), of raping her. Although it was clear that he was physically incapable of committing the crime and that Mayella couldn't be trusted, Tom was still found guilty, simply because he was Black and she was White, racism being what it was in Maycomb County, Alabama, the fictitious setting of the novel. Mayella knew it would come down to that, as did everyone else, because it was an "us vs them" world in which they lived.

So what is Parker, and subsequently Matthews, saying here? I've gone over and over this in my mind and rewatched the video clip. The subtle suggestion here seems to be that Sarah Palin is the equivalent of a Mayella Ewell who used race and sexuality to attempt to destroy a man viewed as illicit and evil simply because his skin was Black. That's my read on this. That's the only thing I can get from it. Matthews seems to say that Sarah does so purposely, while Parker seems to say that Sarah doesn't quite know enough to realize what she's doing, that her tapping into the racism of Southern Republicans is unconscious, although I find it interesting that in her article she refers to Sarah as a "pretty gal with a mocking little wink." Hmmm...

Matthews went on to ask his other guest, Joan Walsh, if Sarah is tribalistic and fosters an "us vs. them" mentality that we have made such strides to get rid of in this country. This particular guest said in no uncertain terms that Sarah, during the campaign, hatefully divided the nation, did so skillfully, and enjoyed it. She stated that Sarah made Obama out to be someone other than "us." She then argued that, "Barack Obama is one of us--he's very much so. The only thing different about him is he's Black."

Okay, at this point I'd heard enough.

Walsh's comments reveal the heart of this whole debate. The point that is being made here is that Sarah Palin sees Obama as different for one reason and one reason only: because he's Black, and that this is why she seeks to separate the rest of the nation from him. This is the part that drives me nuts. Does the Left think so little of the American people? Could it be possible, has it ever crossed anyone's mind, that the people who disagree with the president do so because he's scary--not scary because he's Black, but because his world view is so far out of the mainstream that it's off the charts? Obama is a socialist in his thinking and in his vision for America. Whether he wants to call it that or not is unimportant. He clearly wants government takeover. He wants to remake America to the point that it will be barely recognizable. I do believe his agenda is an anti-freedom, anti-Constitution agenda--and THAT is what Sarah Palin has a problem with, not the color of the president's skin--and to suggest that her issue is one of race is slander, plain and simple.

The video clip ends with Matthews saying anyone on the coasts is evil to Sarah and that

"She's an Alaskan, who, I'll betcha (Yes, he said "betcha"--but don't let Sarah say it!) any money she is gonna spend most of her time down in the middle parts of the country, the rural White parts. She's gonna find those cul de sacs of Whitedom and exploit the hell out of them."

Again, what in the world?!

I've got a message for each of these people:

Kathleen Parker: The reason Sarah Palin doesn't consider Harper's Lee's novel about race in her criticism of the president's policies has nothing to do with an unfamiliarity with Harper Lee or the racial politics of the South. It's because her criticism has nothing to do with race. Sarah Palin is not Mayella Ewell, crying "rapist' because Obama is Black. She's not winking her eye to say to Southern Republicans, "Let him have it. Hang him!" She's not even unconsciously guilty of dividing the nation on racial lines. She does, however, wholeheartedly oppose government takeover.

Joan Walsh: What Sarah takes exception to concerning President Obama is not the difference of his skin color. (By the way, it seems to me YOU have subscribed to the "us vs them" mentality because actually his color is NOT different from mine, but it seems you were thinking of people like you vs people like me. Hmmm...) Sarah's issue with the president, which is the same issue that millions of Americans have of all different races, religions, and professions, is that he appears to lack a respect for the freedoms and rights of the people, seems to not understand that the government is supposed to stay in its place, weakens America's defenses, and always wants to apologize for us. That's the problem. Some people really do love their country. Some people actually deal with people as people: they praise and criticize people's policies regardless of their skin complexion. They are not afraid to walk alongside someone who happens to look different than they, but they are not going to be silenced by the politics of race baiting.

And finally, Chris Matthews: For you to suggest that Sarah Palin feels safer in American Whitedom is too vile for words--even for me. Your "bet" that Sarah Palin is too afraid to be around Black people is despicable--even for you. When was the last time you took to the Hood, dude?

We have entered a really sick, sick place in history. We have entered this place where no one can say anything about Obama without being called a racist. I have also found through nasty comments left on my blog that no one can even praise Sarah Palin without the risk of also being called a racist--even if they're Black, like me. I have been told that I am being used by Sarah Palin, that I am being deceived, and that I don't seem to understand that the greatest form of hatred is self-hatred. So I hate Black people?! And the reason for these attacks? Because I have the "unmitigated temerity" (a phrase applied to Tom Robinson in TKAM, by the way) to think on my own and to stand up for Sarah Palin.

Listening to the nonsense on the video clip, one would think that Sarah Palin should apologize for being an Alaskan, that she should have refused John McCain's call to run with him because she was a White woman who would have to speak out against a Black man, and that she should keep quiet for fear of being called a racist. NO!

I've got a message for you, Sarah:

I say keep on speaking up, Sarah! Keep walking through every door God opens for you, and keep calling wrong "wrong,"--no matter what color mouth it comes out of. They only want to shut you up.

Look, everyone, has anyone told these people that Sarah Palin was not running against Barack Obama for the presidency of the United States--the LAST time? Yes, I said the LAST time! Let the Matthews, and the Parkers, and the Walshes underestimate her if they dare be so foolish. Let them underestimate her influence. And let them underestimate me and people like me, yes, even Black people who are smart enough and are wise enough to come alive enough to vote based on principles and values. They take us--Americans--for fools, but we are not fools, and we will not allow them to play an "us vs them" game the NEXT time as they try to convince us of an "us vs them" agenda on the part of Sarah Palin, an agenda that simply does not exist. They do so, in part, by discounting her small-town upbringing in Wasilla, Alaska as insignificant and backwoods. Let me tell you, I spent a month in Alaska and most of that time in Wasilla, where this American--who happens to be Black--was treated like a princess by some of Sarah's own family and friends. I was welcomed, befriended, housed, fed, and loved--in Wasilla, Alaska. This, everyone, is the America in which Sarah Palin was made. It's the same America that you grew up in and I grew up in. It's not "us vs them." It's just "US"--all of us. Sarah believes in one America, and that's the America she stands up for. Let's stand with her!

redstormonline August 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM

MSNBC is beyond a "disgrace." That was putting it nicely. I think your points where right on. Very well written, enjoyed it!

Camille August 6, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Adrienne,
You are absolutely correct in your assessment! The things suggested (and ignorantly declared) in this video are a "disgrace" and "low"! The implications in their statements cannot be undone by issuing the caveat, "Let me be clear," (that sounds familiar) "I am not saying Sarah Palin IS racist..."

Matthews and Parker and their ilk do more to perpetuate stereotypes and racist undercurrents in this country than any of the 'angry mobs' they love to refer to. As for Gov. Palin, she is one of the few politicians who truly believes that ALL of us - black, white, et al. - can achieve success in this country that we are so blessed to live in! Stand up with Sarah? H*ll yeah!

And thanks for all you do in the name of TRUTH!

Mike in Corona August 6, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Adrienne,

An excellent broadside on the mindnumbingly hypocritical MSM (MSCBC being just one faction of the dinosaur media) from someone qualified to speak.

One can only hope sensible people can still think for themselves and see through this blatant propaganda and character assasination for what it is.

Tracey Porreca August 6, 2009 at 11:27 PM

You go girl! You know we here in Wasilla love you, and it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the fact that you are an American who can see through all the blatherings of the left. You are a true conservative American who gets it, and this white woman from Wasilla admires you for being able to speak up and tell everyone the truth!

LoveThatGirl August 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Hi Adrienne, I love article.
I have come to an understanding that MSNBC and all the MSM is obamaTV. They must prop up obama lest he fail and they also fail and fail BIG. Their ratings are so low that they will try anything, and I do mean anything to try and get their ratings up again.

The American Patriot has come ALIVE with Sarah Palin and that alone Terrifies the daylights out of these people. They are now down to the last shots, I do believe that calling her a racist, and divider is their last shot at trying to get the best of her. Well, again they have FAILED. Sarah is walking tall and God is protecting her.

Sarah, "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Proverbs 31:29

I watch FoxNews and didn't know this was going on until I read your blog. I won't give them the satifaction of watching the video, but I do appreciate you placing it on your blog for confirmation. Not that I need it, but I do thank you for that.
I have noticed that the obama administration is hypocritically accusing the protestors of the actions that ACORN is guitly of. Everytime I hear them say something I think of all ACORNS shenanigans.
Has anyone else noticed this.
Well, they fired their last SHOT and MISSED, they MISSED miserably.

Now the time has come, they won't know how, they won't know when, they won't know where, they won't know what, but it will come, and when it does THEY WILL KNOW.

God bless Adrienne, and thanks for all you are doing.
Your friend in Christ, Irma

Lakerfanalways August 6, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Hi Adrienne
GOD BLESS U FOR SPEAKING OUT. You have to understand something about MSDNC. They are nothing more then 20 dollar whores for the Obama Administration. They sold their souls to him a long time ago and they will NEVER EVER say one bad thing against him. They would rather jump off a cliff then to ever do something like that. Chris Matthews is OBSESSED with Sarah Palin, why, she hasn't said a word in almost two weeks, yet he is constantly talking about her, wanna know why, because he sees Obama's poll numbers tanking, he sees America FINALLY waking up. Everyday the media is telling us who they are scared to death will beat Obama, hint hint, it's not Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee or Tim Pawlenty, it's SARAH PALIN!! They KNOW, they KNOW she can beat him, which is why they come out with this CRAP. Sarah Palin has NEVER said one racist thing EVER. I dare anyone, I will pay them 50 bucks if they cain find ONE comment out of Sarah's mouth that was remotely racist, I'll cough up the cash right now. Of course she said nothing racist. Sarah is REAL and GENUINE and they HATE IT.
Kathleen Parker is a whole other animal, she is so irrelevant that I had no idea who the hell she was til recently. She's an idiot, and a disgrace to the human race, yeah I said it THANK ME! (As my man Mark Levin would say)
What you are witnessing Adrienne, and what million of Americans are witnessing is the fall of the Democratic party, took them just 7 months to go off the deep end, and that is what they are doing. They have nothing left, see, they havea absolutely NOTHING left, they attack Sarah because they sense it coming, they sense Sarah Palin in the White House, they know it's coming and they are TERRIFIED. Just watch, if Sarah becomes President you will see Kathleen Parker begging Sarah for a job, just watch, I hope Sarah kicks her ass to the curb.
Remember this very important fact, if Sarah were NO threat, they would have left her alone a long time ago. Sarah is laughing all the way to the White House, she doesn't have to say a damn thing and she is proving her point. Sarah, with her silence, is more powerful then if she actually spoke, why, because the left are imploding at the seams, isn't it awesome to see. I think Sarah knows that fact too.
Take care Adrienne and God Bless. You are VERY lucky to have spent time with the Palin family. You have NO idea how jealous I am of you.

M. Minnesota August 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Adrienne, Thank you for your wonderful posts!! If only youu could have been a guest on that show to clean house!!

In Christ

J Sawyer August 7, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Fantastic!

I think God is using the over the top, rancid and painfully exagerated distortions of the Obama Press to create a true force for change in this country. These people are cooking their own goose!

tim c August 7, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Adrienne.You are fantastic.You should also help Sarah with her book.I know you get it.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 1:21 AM

he was saying "i'll bet you" not you betchya like Sarah. And he is right, the GOP's us Real Americans versus them "unAmericans" is intelectually dishonest and reaks of racist dog whistling.

Adrienne August 7, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Tim C,

It was my desire to help with the book when I first heard she was writing one, before she chose a collaborator. I spoke to someone I thought might be able to help put a good word in for me--needless to say there was no open door there at that time. I appreciate your confidence in my writing, though. It means a lot.

manajordan August 7, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Adrienne,

Absolutely brilliant piece. Keep up your amazing work. And God Bless ya

oneXSturtle (LindaW) August 7, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Great post, Adrienne! I was BEYOND ticked when I listened to that Lowball clip. I will blog about it this weekend to let out my steam, but you and RAM blogged about it so well.

My thoughts are scattered at the moment. You know how when someone gets you so mad and you're standing in front of them, but don't know what to say because there are a million things you want to say, but don't know how to say it? I'm going through that right now.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Shouldn't you wingnuts be looking for Obama's Kenyan birth certificate?

Cotton August 7, 2009 at 3:00 AM

"Anonymous"...Need I say more?

Anyway, Andrienne thanks for posting this blog. I first saw that clip earlier today and it frustrated me beyond belief.

I am part Native-American and part white. My mother is married to a black man and my brother is half black. I also spent many years living in the "Hood." If I had a dollar for evertime some white liberal, that I am sure doesn't spend much outside of their own race, has called me a racist for disagreeing with this administration, I could pay off my portion of the new national debt.

It is clearly a tactic these people think is effective, but I am with you in saying that they underestimate the intellect of the American people. It's downright insulting.

I spoke with two of my African-American friends today and tonight about this very clip. Both were deeply offended that white elitists would try to define the "poster child for racism" for the country. They have both experienced REAL racism and they know Sarah Palin is not racist.

One silver lining though...One of the friends I spoke with didn't really know much about Sarah before our talk tonight. After our discussion, the Guv. now has a new enthusiastic black supporter in Southern California...thanks to Chris Matthews, Joan Walsh, and Kathleen Parker.

M03 August 7, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Anonymous ... Obama can't help he's a black man. Sarah can't help she's a white woman. Leave it at that, ok? We have 1000 reasons to dislike Obama, and his skin color isn't ONE of them. One reason I don't like him, is he sides with all the wrong people, and that reflects a radical worldview. In 2006 he campaigned for his communist cousin in Kenya, opposing the president there who was a U.S. ally. When the election was over Obama's cousin lost, but instigated riots that slaughtered thousands of innocent people. Obama also has not stood up to Russia; he's denied Iranian freedom fighters the forceful rebuke of the fraudulent elections and violent crackdown; and finally, he's backed Zedaya in Honduras, despite his illegal attempt to subvert the Constitution.

If you like, I could probably give you 999 more reasons why I don't trust/don't like Obama that have nothing to do with the freakin' PIGMENT of his precious skin.

Shane Vander Hart August 7, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Good post Adrienne! I was going to post on this tonight, but I really don't want to give Chris Matthews any more space on my blog.

I think Chris Matthews is the poster boy for morons.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 7:22 AM

I just found your blog and it's going to be a daily read from now on.

You are correct. The one thing I would expound upon is your comment that Obama is a socialist. Based on is policies, and the fact that in 1996 he ran for office on both the Democratic and New Party tickets, I'd go farther - he's a hard core Marxist, politically. See: http://archive.redstate.com/blogs/warner_todd_huston/2008/may/29/obama_sought_endorsement_of_marxist_third_party_in_1996

Before Gore Kneel,  August 7, 2009 at 7:29 AM

We could start a Forget NBC movement, though arguably they, NBC, already has done that on their own.

Every tv these days can just drop a channel like it was not even there. Works for me.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 7:48 AM

I believe that there is an "us vs. them" struggle going on in our country right now, but it has nothing to do with race, or even gender. I thing it is "them" elites vs. the rest of "us". Thank you for speaking the truth and defending Sarah Palin.
And while I'm here, may I have your permission to add this site to my blogroll? I'm posting as anonymous because I can't get my wordpress ID to go through. Please don't confuse me with the anonymous poster above. Thanks. Signed Palin Democrat.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Not that it matters but isn't Todd a Native Alaskan? A member of an indian tribe?

Kind of an odd pick for a husband by a sub-consciously driven racist?

This whole thing makes me sick that advertisers would pay to put this drivel on TV.

Love your blog by the way... I keep ending back up on here...

Happyteach2@yahoo.com,  August 7, 2009 at 8:38 AM

I have just two things to say: I listened to the clip and to me the participants resembled actors who had been given some very bad dialogue (obviously penned by the script writers moments before the cameras rolled) to try to make believable. It was pitiful and embarrassing. And I say this as a objective observer....for now, anyway. :) Secondly, Adrienne, you are preaching to the choir here. You need to take your justifiably indignant response to this crap beyond your blog and go public and I mean PUBLIC!! A letter to an editor in as many newspapers you can think of, perhaps! Now, I obviously have no knowledge of what vision and direction you have received spiritually; however, if my suggestion does not run contrary to it, then I strongly suggest you go for it!

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I would make a comparison between Sarah Palin and a character in "To Kill a Mockingbird". That character is Atticus Finch. She continues to stand for what is right despite all the viciousness that is thrown her way. She has a great deal of courage, something that is greatly lacking in many of our national leaders (including our president).

As for Chris Matthews (and the two harpies on with him), I imagine that only 14 people saw the show, but that doesn't change the fact that this is probably the lowest of all the attacks directed at Sarah.

Lisa Graas August 7, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Adrienne, I am simply furious.....so furious that I can't watch the video. I just have to take your word for it.

THEY are racist because THEY are so "race-conscious" that they can't think of issues in terms of anything but race, apparently.

If I meet and start a conversation with a black person, I don't think to myself, "Oh, gee, this person is black so he must think...[insert stereotype here]." But for no other reason than Sarah Palin's lower pigmentation level, they fabricate this entire dialogue. Infuriating! They are the racists.

I had to stop a few times while reading this and wonder if I could bear to read further, I was so angry.

Actually, even the word "race" as it is used by our culture is offensive to me because there is only one "race" -- the human race.

I recommend everyone go read Kevin Jackson's material (I haven't read his new book yet, but would like to) at the blog The Black Sphere. Kevin shows the racism of the Democratic Party.

Incidentally, at a townhall meeting yesterday in St. Louis, a black patriot was beaten up by four proponents of ObamaCare. He had been handing out Gadsden flags -- the ones that say "Don't Tread on Me" and they beat him up! He had to go to the emergency room. Six people were arrested, at least three for assault, and I'm assuming the ones that beat the flag man up were among those arrested.

There is no truth to allegations that conservatives "use" blacks who are conservative. Allegations like that are proof, however, that leftists are threatened by black conservative voices.....and hey, anything that is true and decent that ticks off the liberals, I'm all for it. ;-) So keep speaking out, Adrienne!

God bless you, dear.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 9:34 AM

The last time I saw such viciousness and hostility from the left singled out against an individual was their all-out assault on Justice Clarence Thomas.

Justice Thomas, a great man, prevailed and I believe so will Sarah Palin.

Unfortunately, the left seems to save their harshest and mean-spirited vitriol for members of "groups" that they like to claim as their own ... women and blacks.

Justice Thomas and Governor Palin are not pushovers, though, and I am so proud of both of them. They are truly great Americans.

J Sawyer August 7, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hi Adrienne,

I'm Johanna.

Something I've often mused about is the possibility of Sarah engaging the black press, specifically about how it is too quick to dismiss conservative solutions and Republican leaders.

Bush is such a joke, but the reality regarding his treatment of African Americans is very good, in terms of funding of domestic education, and Africans, in terms of AIDS prevention. Bob Geldof (musician from the 80's, y'r too young) has tried to get the US Media to cover Bush's success in Africa. But of course that didn't fit the Bush narrative!

(And yes, Bush got us into this financial mess, but no one should have their record twisted.)

I think Palin would excel in communicating conservative principles with respect and a willingness to listen. And I think she would handle herself regarding challenges and discussions of race, or her preferred term, ethnicity.

I don't think she is obligated to do this outreach, of course, she has nothing to correct for regarding her treatment of African Americans! But I think ironically Sarah is the ideal ambassador to the Black community, even more than Michael Steele, because of her non-nonsense directness and obvious authenticity. She'll easily knock down the "McCain's fake-Hillary" myth that is so weird.

Blessings! ~

Johanna
@vegans4palin

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I couldn't watch the clip. I purchased, but then couldn't watch, the Ziegler video. But, now I understand why so many women of my acquaintance are against Sarah. What they did to her was immoral, sickening, disgusting...
In the 60's I was an activist, but when the going got tough, when I saw what the infiltrators were up to, I quietly left and followed my own heart and mind. In late 2007 during an illness I first heard the Conservative message from Rush Limbaugh while riding with my son to a doctor's appointment. I haven't looked back since, but I again see the tactics of the 60's infiltrators at work. They are scared silly that Sarah Palin could become the leader of the movement that began when she was selected to run with John McCain. They know she won't be silenced, so they are demonizing her to "their audience" which polls are showing getting smaller.
I tell this story because Sarah energized a struggling campaign; she will be the Left's target until the Left is defeated, and they must be defeated. I believe she has the Hand of God on her and as His Servant her voice will not be silenced. We are a country founded on Godly principles. Sarah proves that a real, living walk with God is possible in this day and age; He will reward those who follow Him. MM/NH

Tracy August 7, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Brilliant post! Couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for so powerfully speaking TRUTH! So glad to have met you via your blog comment. Keep at it, girl! Praying for Sarah & praying for YOU!

Eunice August 7, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Adrienne, for the life of me, I cannot understand these ‘people’ (‘lunatics’ may be the appropriate word)!!! You are not the only one who is fed up. Although I’m not the subject of these attacks, nonetheless it’s depressing to read (daily) all these blatant untruths that are peddled by the LEFT and the RINOs. How do these people sleep? I mean, they MUST really have miserable lives…to spend each waking moment trying to destroy some one THEY DON’T EVEN ‘CARE’ TO KNOW OR UNDERSTAND!!!

The LEFT/RINOs are funny. If they really believe she committed political suicide by resigning, why not let her die in peace? After all, from all their rants on TV, everyone must now know that Sarah Palin is a ‘quitter’, so why not leave her alone??? Instead, from the day Sarah handed over the reign of governance to Parnell, not a day has passed by without some Palin ‘experts’ (there are a lot of them these days) discussing one ‘negative’ issue or the other. We have even had very ‘questionable’ polls (‘push’ polls) conducted trying to convince those of us who are still wholeheartedly shouting PALIN 2012 at the top of our voices, that Sarah Palin has no chance of being elected the GOP leader much less the POTUS in 2012. To these ‘experts’, I say thanks but no thanks. No ‘experts’ on TV are going to determine the future (political or otherwise) of Sarah Palin or who the leader of the GOP must be, going forward. The ordinary, everyday Americans (who Sarah Palin represents and connects so well with) will determine who they want leading them in 2012.

When I first heard of the ‘story’ about the ‘divorce’, my first questions were: ‘has it reached this LOW? Has it become this DESPERATE? I mean, nobody could seriously believe this kind of fiction. After the divorce smear failed to stick, it has now been shifted to racism. Sarah Palin is now a poster girl for racism, they say…Hahaha!!! Wow, these losers are something else…seriously, who would waste even 5 minutes of their lives listening to these washed-up---time-has-passed-me-by---I-wish-I-could-have-done-better-with-my-life---envious caricatures? I KNOW I WOULDN’T!!! They are just poison, and no matter what tactics they employ, Sarah Palin WILL triumph!!!

Every time I read or hear such lies, I go down on my knees (in prayer) for Sarah Palin and her family. I thank God for what he has done, is doing and will do in Sarah Palin’s life. I admire her so much, and I know she has the love and support of so many others. She has gone through so much, but by God’s grace she is still standing. That’s enough testimony for some of us.

Finally, I would also encourage Sarah not to sit down and shut up, but to SPEAK OUT LOUD on all issues on which she feels that the Americans are being short-changed, by this disaster-of-a-president, and if that means being labeled racist by ignoramuses, so be it. The Sarah Palins of this world will not be threatened or intimidated into silence by bullies and cowards…

Adrienne, apologies for the long post. I just had to get some things out of my chest. You are doing a fantastic job for Sarah. It’s very much appreciated.

Lipstick August 7, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Adrienne,

Thank you for this post. I agree 100% with you. It is sad that these "educated" people cannot engage Gov. Palin on her stance on issues rather than personally attacking her.

I have never met Gov. Palin, but I do not know of anytime that she has said anything racist or acted racist in any way to ANY group. She is always open and loving although direct if she disagrees with you. Since when is disagreement racist?

Thank you for being a bold voice for Conservatives. I agree with the poster who encouraged you to go public in a big way by writing editorials and such. Unless the Lord has specially told you different perhaps you could seek this idea out through prayer. Your voice is a strong one and as a Godly black woman I know your voice would do much to fight this trend towards socialism that our country is facing by Obama and so many people in Congress whom have lost touch with the real America.

Serving Him together.

darrell coulter August 7, 2009 at 1:33 PM

MS A, love it that you are always willing to share your thoughts---I'm ,of course jealous, that you have had the opportunity to meet and get to know the Palins. When we all look in the mirror we need to say to ourselves..."I'm an American", not an African-american, German-American or Chinese-American, etc. My youngest daughter (step daughter)is 100% Cantonese (Chinese) She attends Santa Clara University in California. When she was a freshman she was approached about joining the Chinese Club on campus. She declined because it was her freshman year and was way to busy. When approached the next year she delined again. She explained to them that she wasn't Chinese, she was an American... born in Utah and raise in Washington. That is the way we should all think...if yo have an occasion to be in contact with Mrs. Palin please pass on my regards...and there are only three words we need to remember---GOD-COUNTRY-PALIN
Darrell Coulter
dazzlin70@yahoo.com
Vancouver,WA USA

New Oxford August 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Fantastic comments. Thanks for supporting Sarah.

Anonymous,  August 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I liked today's results. Obama tells Americans' to sh.ut up , he doesn't want to hear from them, Gibbs too, and then Sarah comes out with a new statement! Kinda like the rest of America, we ain't gonna shut up and let Obama rule over us. We love Freedom not Obama's oppression and tyranny.

Anonymous,  August 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM

What an absolutely worthless article this is - I can't believe that you can, with a straight face, think that of all people that that airhead Sarah Palin would make a good president. I'd love to see you go toe to toe with MSNBC - they'd knock you back down to size - and your parroting minions will finally wake up and realize that they've been played by opportunists like you!

Adrienne August 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Oh Anonymous,

Knock me "back to size." Hmmm...I could tackle that one, but...too easy.

The problem with your argument is that it has nothing to do with what I wrote. This article is about race baiting, not Sarah's qualifications for president. But tune in again; I can certainly handle that one too.

Anonymous,  August 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Palin made some retarded comments today. The "Death Panel" line was the most red meat, inflammatory one.

She needs to go back to Alaska and fall out of her helicopter.

Anonymous,  August 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM

But it is OK to call the president of the United States a "Hitler", or worse. Wonderful logical from brainless pumpkin heads, the lot of you!

Adrienne August 8, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Anonymous,

1. I take offense at your use of the word "retarded."
2. Have you read the health care plan? If so, maybe you'd understand why she called it a "Death Panel."
3. I didn't call him "Hitler."
4. You'd love for Palin to be silent or "fall out of her helicopter," which is your way of saying the same thing, wouldn't you? She's insignificant, remember. It shouldn't matter to you.
5. You still haven't dealt with the subject matter of this particular post. No excuse for MSNBC, is there?
6. If we're "pumpkin heads," why are you here?

Anonymous,  August 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

The Obama Admns. is doing this as a cover up to attract things over to Palin, I may be a racist but I am tired of all the comments from the black community and the latinos on racist issues. You hear nothing from the Vietnamease or chineses or japaneses Blacks still live in the stoneage where slaves were slaves to bad they couldnt get over it. By the way you hear nothing from the great Indian tribes of American. Silience is Golden

J Sawyer August 8, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Seems like (Anonymous) Palin haters have similar minds: didactic, colorless and reductionistic. I'd love to hear what deity or philosophy they apeal to that gives them such extreme moral authority, such black and white simplicity.

Anonymous,  August 9, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Palin should go to Iraq to fight her war against them scary elitist brown people.

Adrienne August 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Anonymous,

She's not going anywhere. So you'll just have to handle your fear.

Anonymous,  August 10, 2009 at 12:23 AM

She should go back to Alaska and fall out of her helicopter while shootin' wolves.

Adrienne August 10, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Anonymous,

Refer to my last comment.

Anonymous,  August 10, 2009 at 3:28 AM

She should stick around and continue to be yet another embarrassment to conservatism.

Goethe Girl August 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I did not watch the clip, but the transcript itself was stomach-turning. You should send your analysis to Parker and Walsh, explaining that you have taught "Mockingbird." You are right that there is something sick about these people.

Anonymous,  August 30, 2009 at 3:10 AM

I was frightening to hear the news on TV the other day that Obama is planning to spent more than 500 billions of our tax money to create a civilan national defense force and equip them as strong as our army. WHY??? I think, this will enable him to use them,as Hitler did with his SS and brown ahirt
to intimidate those disagree with him and wipe us into submission.

Anonymous,  October 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM

God bless!
Are you able to create a display of the values and accomplishment of Gov. Palin at the library, hallway or your room? to counter this attack on Gov. Palin?