Palinistas Take Manhattan

Monday, August 31, 2009

On Saturday, many people were writing about Governor Palin's introduction to the nation. Bloggers--myself included--were recording what they remember about that day or their favorite Palin moment since that day. Here in New York, we wanted to do that, but we wanted to do more. We created an opportunity to get together with other Palinistas to connect, strategize, and, of course, give in to the nostalgia.

New York City was the location. It was too far for some in our New York network to travel, so we had a small group--four of us. I drove the five hours round trip, and it was well worth it. Though small in number, this was a strong and diverse group, capable of great achievements in the pro-Sarah, pro-America, pro-conservative movement. In attendance were Pamela Geller (Atlas Shrugs), Raj Rajagopalan, Ron Devito, and yours truly.

You know Pamela from the prestigious blog, Atlas Shrugs. She is a powerful writer, public speaker, and activist who believes deeply in what she writes and speaks about. She is fired up and passionate about America and wants to see us progress in the right direction.

Raj Rajagopalan, of Associated Content, is the New York City local organizer for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. He demonstrates bold support of Governor Palin in a very liberal state. He speaks out without fear--sometimes using words; other times using clothing. (You'll see what I mean at the end!)

Ron Devito is another loyal Palin activist and blogger. He is the editor/publisher of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin's Accomplishments, for which I also write. He oversees several contributors to his blog that is committed to publishing the accomplishments of Governor Palin--accomplishments that are ignored or watered down by the mainstream media.

As the four of us talked in the restaurant, we noticed other diners paying attention to our conversation. As you know, New York is not the most conservative of places, so that's to be expected, I suppose. Raj's T-shirt didn't help matters either!

After our meal, we went to an apartment where we watched last year's Dayton, Ohio speech that Palin made after John McCain introduced her to the nation. One would have thought it was a year earlier and we were in the crowd in Ohio, for we, too, sat on the edge of our seats and clapped our hands while watching the year-old video.

Before we ended our time together, we discussed alternate avenues to get our message out. Here's some breaking news for you: we cannot rely on the mainstream media! Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that we create our own media. With some tips from Pamela, I am now hoping to expand my influence and continue to get the truth out there in varied ways. Some might say, "Why? Palin is no longer the governor of Alaska or the vice presidential candidate." True. However, she is not fading into the distance. She continues to be a voice, and that voice continues to get distorted by an agenda-laden media. So the question is: what do we do about it?

That's where people like us come in. When necessary, we must be committed to going around the CNN's and MSNBC's of this world, the Katie Courics and Charlie Gibsons, and using other tools: written blogs, video blogs, online newsletters, and social networking sites. This is grassroots at its best.

As my readers know, I am the New York State Organizer and Media Director/Spokesperson for the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee. My prediction is we will see Governor Palin become President Palin in the next presidential election. However, whatever road she decides to travel, it will take people like us--people like you--to help her navigate safely, for we know the Left will continue to throw every rock at her that they can manage to pick up from the side of the road. This is why it's important that we get together with others who are like-minded, those who are committed to truth and have an aversion for smears and destructive tactics. The time is now. This is the time to be--not just Pro-Sarah-- but pro-active.

Raj and I holding the 2012 Draft Sarah Committee banner in NYC

Next 3 pics show Raj, Pamela Geller (Atlas Shrugs), Ron Devito, and me at NYC restaurant

Here I am holding a McCain-Palin T-shirt from Mocha Moose in Wasilla, AK

Now you see it...Now you don't! Raj and I make "McCain" disappear from T-shirt

In case you can't see it, what's printed underneath Palin's pic on Raj's T-shirt is the phrase,"Go get the socialist!" Needless to say, he got stared down on the train and in the restaurant!

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Great pics, thanks for posting

wisetrog August 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Wonderful! Raj is my orkut friend. He's a great American.

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 7:09 PM

sweet!Looks like you guys had fun.Raj is a courageous can only imagine wearing a Palin shirt in NYC is something akin to wearing Dallas Cowboys attire in Pittsburgh

M. Minnesota August 31, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Thanks for the Pictures!! Hope and pray that your numbers will grow in your area!!!

LoveThatGirl August 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Great pictures,thanks for posting.

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I have this image in my mind:

Palinistas vs. Obamabots

Then a verse of scripture comes to mind:
"Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

And other Scripture:
Jdg 4:8 And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.
Jdg 4:9 And SHE said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honor; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a WOMAN. And Deborah arose.........

Deborah was used by God to deliver her Nation from "Terrorists" because Barak was to weak and wishy washy to accomplish what God wanted.

It must be a coincidence that this Biblical record is of a man named Barak.....

But the irony of the current situation is too good to pass up.

Sarah is a Woman who God can and will use: if she continues to follow God's will. (She has shown the world a character that does follow God's will)

Obama may have his SEIU drones knocking on doors intimidating people.

Sarah has a small group of Palinistas and........The smile of God on her life.

For those who have read the End of THE BOOK, we know who Wins.

hrh August 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Thanks for the report, Adrienne. Love the pix!

Raj August 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Thanks Adrienne for the nice write up!

Denise August 31, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Adrienne, sorry I missed you... I was there in spirit. Love Raj's shirt.
Denise from Manorville, NY

NY Conservative August 31, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Awesome! It`s nice to see some sanity in The Big Apple! Thanks for fightin the good fight!

Robert Miller August 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM

God bless you!

Sarah is an inspirational leader who is hated most by the media because she is NOT a pandering politician. She's a self-made woman who I would love to have as a friend and a neighbor.

VidSweet September 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM

oh! too bad I missed that! I am a New Yorker too. There's always next time...I'll know at least 4 Palinistas when Palin runs for a position again!!! NY party! Keep up the good strategy work in the most liberal-infested city.

By the way, Ron Devito knows I make tribute videos, haha. Here's my youtube channel, if you're interested in viewing some. You may enjoy it!

Some recent videos:

Adrienne Ross September 1, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Thanks, VidSweet,

I'll have to check out your videos. Keep up the good work, and God bless you.

MLWELZ September 1, 2009 at 5:25 AM

New song about SARAH *THUNDER ROLLS* by Patti Lynn Clark Barnett Sarah...... Palin Rolls

Carmelo Junior September 1, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Great Job Adrienne! We need to have more minorities and African Americans in the front lines of Sarah's Army. Obama and his racial wakos are going to attack Sarah on the basis of race once she clinches the nomination.

Adrienne Ross September 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Carmelo, they're already attacking her on that front. Have you read the comments on my post earlier this week about Dr. King & Sarah Palin? Oh my goodness...disgusting! Not only do they attack her by calling her a racist; they say I am a racist who hates my own people! It's ridiculous. I refuse to give in to the pressure. I defend her against those lies because that's exactly what they are. It's a shame that some people can't understand that some people stand up on principles, not because they're racists.

Thank you, Carmelo.

Robin's New Song September 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM

What a disservice we do to any race, teaching that health and happiness are a provision of a government, rather than teaching accountability, responsibility and obedience to God! It's such a trap and deception! God please open the eyes of this generation to your truth!

Don Turnblade February 17, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I still claim that Sarah Palin is more qualified to be President than Obama is. When I ask people to show my why I am wrong, no one answers me. The just look at me kind of sheepishly.

If they do mention that she lost, I ask them, "Did they really get what they voted for?" Usually, the just look rather thoughtful and blank; some even say no.

As human as Sarah Palin is, her genuineness is obvious. To me, that is a huge breath of fresh air. We need more Americans like that, not less.

Go Palin!