Sarah Palin: For Such a Time as That, For Such a Time as THIS

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A year ago today, Governor Sarah Palin delivered what will go down in history as one of the best speeches--ever. More than 40 million people watched as she proved that she was not only ready for the big stage, but could dominate it.

One year later, Sarah Palin is one of the most sought-after speakers, having to decline a plethora of requests from people and organizations who recognize and appreciate the substance found within her eloquence.

Did you know that at the beginning of her speech, the teleprompter died? She never missed a beat, did she? She has a God-given gift and speaks from the heart, making it all seem so easy.

On August 29, 2008, when John McCain introduced Sarah Palin to the world, we figured she was something special. On September 3rd, we knew she was. And today, we haven't changed our minds. We needed her then. We need her now. She has emerged as a leader at a time when this nation is begging for one. She has emerged..."for such a time as this."

Rewatch the speech that earned her the praise of the world:

LoveThatGirl September 3, 2009 at 6:32 PM

God bless Sarah, Todd and their precious family in the name of Christ Jesus.
Prayer Warriors for Sarah Palin.

Anonymous,  September 3, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Interesting recalling about how her teleprompter malfunctioned at the beginning. Had forgotten about that point ...

Speaking about teleprompter malfunctions, as Palin went on with her magnificent speech, no doubt Obama in a panic was reaching for his breathalyzer ... check that, his inhaler!

Take care -

David

section9 September 3, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Good on ya, Adrienne!

Best,

Chris

Anonymous,  September 4, 2009 at 1:27 AM

The official story was that the teleprompter died: some sort of technical malfunction; a freak incident......

I just can't remove the lingering thought that some "technical assistant" involved in that "technical operation" was actually persuaded/paid off (or whatever) to create a situation that would result in a "technical malfunction"

Call me a conspiracy nut, call me crazy, but after observing Obama's attempts at staging Pro death care support at rallies, I can't help but believe that Sarah's teleprompter was sabotaged.

Nevertheless, Sarah in exquisite grace and charm, carried through with the speech in a manner that makes Obama with his "Teleprompter in every corner" look fake, plastic, and completely disingenuous!

DEO,  September 4, 2009 at 6:01 AM

...and that is WHY Palin bailed on her political duties and became a PAID SPEAKER instead. Yes, commendable.
SERVICE, yes, blah, blah blah............

LoveThatGirl September 4, 2009 at 9:35 AM

@ Deo
Sarah stepped down to SAVED the State of Alaska money, MILLIONS to be exact. She knew that ethic complaints were going to continue. She refused to allow these people to WASTE Alaskans money that could be use on roads, teachers, Military, etc... you get the picture.
Sarah Palin CAN do the math.
I suggest you go back to school and learn arithmetic or are you one of those that believe obama's numbers and can't add/subtract for yourself.
For your own good, you need to take a deep breath, clear your head of all the corruption and allow yourself to see things in a different LIGHT.
This is for your own good.

DEO,  September 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM

What is this constant comparison to the sitting president of the United States of America and a PAID Spaeker from Wasilla????? I suggest you take a deep breathe and accept it, it´s for your own good.lol!!! Palin and Obama, apples and oranges, two different animals. A President and a PAID SPEAKER without a political title, because she quit her political post before it was finished.

PS
My head isn´t corrupted nor do I need additional school credits.
SARAHPAC was set up for Palin´s personal travel and legal defenses, Alaska wasn´t up on ethics charges, Sarah Palin was. Palin didn´t leave to save Alaska money, she left to make money, to ¨write¨ a book and accept paid speaking gigs. She said she could make TRIPLE THE MONEY and it wasn´t as HARD.

Adrienne Ross September 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM

DEO,

Please don't tell me you think that we believe what you say about Sarah's reasons for leaving office over what she has said. Please don't tell me you think we will believe that Sarah is guilty of these bogus ethics complaints that have been dismissed over and over and over again--many of which were made by the same person who was denied a job by Sarah Palin and has an axe to grind. Please don't tell me you expect my personal experience to be trumped by your wild accusations.

As for why so many people make constant comparisons between Sarah Palin and President Obama, well, you tell me. You're here on this site. If she's insignificant, why are you here, and why do you take the time to respond? Something tells me you can put two and two together, and therefore you know why people make such comparisons.

DEO,  September 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I did not say Palin was insignificant...you are projecting. I asked why the comparison by her followers. It´s a stretch. She was presented to McCain as a high risk and ran for vice president, lost, and 8 months later left her only political post without finishing her term. Now what???
She IS significant, she SELLS significantly! That is what she will be doing. I dont think public speaking is her forte, but hey, she is getting the big bucks now. I am sure she will leave Alaska and pursue a career in public speaking or TV. What the Palin supporters just can´t seem to accept that a person who leaves a political post, isn´t going to be President when she grows up. How would she do that, By TEAM SARAH DECREE? Those are just people in the minority who truly feel they ARE the majority. Math, indeed!
That is all I am saying. She ditched you guys, she is in for the money.
You all sound like loyal jilted lovers who think their wife is coming back to them. She´s GONE. Sarah has left then building to the tune of KA-CHING, she isn´t a politician anymore therefore she can´t hold any grander office...she LEFT the one she had. She didn´t build on it. She pontificates from FACEBOOK...and that wasn´t even her who wrote that. Probably the person who is going to write her book is practicing on FACEBOOK. Wipe the egg off your face, and LOOK. She left YOU...she is a public speaker now. PERIOD. You can still LIKE her, but PA LEEZE!
Sarah Palin-Tonya Harding 2012!

Adrienne Ross September 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Oh poor DEO,

Thou dost protest too much--which indeed speaks volumes.

She left us, you say. May I suggest you follow her lead?

wilsonpickett,  September 4, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Adrienne:

The real teleprompter story, I believe, is that the RNC organizers were wary of sabotage or an equipment malfunction. So they had a human being manually scroll the machine to keep up with Governor Palin. Unfortunately, with applause continually interrupting the speech, he got ahead of her and probably didn't realize it for a while.

Having experience as a TV sports anchor, she flawlessly switched to her written copy on the podium. She was so seamless about it that hardly anyone noticed, and you really have to watch the replay closely to realize where it occurred. Eventually the person scrolling the speech text got back on track.

Keep up the great work on this Web site and at C4P and Team Sarah. I've been following your writing since about the time of CPAC in Washington last winter.

My wife is an English teacher (primarily high school freshmen) and goes the extra mile with her students just like you do, so I understand when you talk about trying to educate and motivate your schoolkids.

Anonymous,  September 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Deo,

What is it with all you libs crying about "projecting"?

What is it that is being "projected" and what is the "project" of the "projection" that you are "projecting" to be "projected"?

You libs are mental cases!

You are projecting your hatred of God, Christians, and Sarah Palin. We simply hold a mirror up and you see your own "projection" and then get all "wee weed up" about what you see!

Go hug a tree or suck a soybean!

DEO,  September 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM

NEWS FLASH...not all people that do NOT support Palin and see through her belong to the Democratic Party.
I dont hate God, Sarah, or you. I just see through Sarah and you should get a grip-

What´s that you say, Sarah..oh yeah...KA CHING!

Adrienne Ross September 4, 2009 at 3:28 PM

DEO,

Honest questions:

1. Why do you keep coming here if you disagree so vehemently?

2. Have you met Sarah and know her well?

DEO,  September 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM

This is my first time here...I will finish the thread...and be on my merry way.
Do I know Palin? No, do YOU?? Do you know Levi? Do you know President Obama, do you know every person you have weighed facts about to reach a conclusion? That would be impossible wouldn´t it? However we do READ and research, don´t WE?
luckily we are blessed with the internet, so I sure know OF her.
I didnt know Ted Bundy, either, but I reached a conclusion based on his actions, didn´t YOU?.

I have a question. Why do you attach any difference of opinion?
It is I who needs to LEARN math? I am a mental case... you say these things without KNOWING ME well, without ever meeting me, so what is this double standard that I must KNOW SARAH WELL before I beg to differ....but you dont need to KNOW anyone to fling insults at them for merely saying that Palin left her post of SERVICE,as governor. Did she NOT? Did she opt, instead to cash in the book deal and accept PAID speaking gigs...well did she? Is she going to Hong Kong for money, but chose not to go to the GOP Womens convention for FREE? Isn´t that what happened?
Doesn´t she bail on many politial gigs, and instead goes to the glamourous Alfalfa club Party to sit near Obama and othe political lunimaries. Didn´t she do that? Did
she totally diss our Republican party, LIE and say she was busy in Alaska and then showed up at a PARTY in WASHINGTON: Did she do that? Did I make it up?
HONEST QUESTIONS. If you can´t see the forrest through the trees, IF you are in denial about a huckster that is trying to hyjack my political party with abject lies, half thruths, gossip, division and general Tom Foolery, then perhaps you are the mental case.
PS
Many of the ethic charges hurled at Mrs. Palin STUCK: I suggest you research them one by one before you make a blanket statement that the were ALL frivolous. Palin Pods tend to do that. They make overall misleading and false staements, like PALIN WAS CLEARED. These words are the frivolous ones.

Adrienne Ross September 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM

DEO,

My, aren't you an angry one. I never called you a mental case and I wasn't the one who mentioned doing the math. Just so you know. I did not call you any names. That's what you did.

Yes, I have met Sarah, got to talk to her, spent some time with her family, and friends--just so you know. Do I spend every day in her presence? NO, and I don't need to. You, on the other hand, have bought into the admitted bias and agenda against her, and you can't seem to get over it either.

You make a big leap when you point out that when she goes to one function and not another it's all about money--just because one was a paid appearance and the other one wasn't. You may not know, also, that some events she was invited to but never accepted; she didn't bail.

Yes, the ethics complaints are bogus. Check the record.

Again, I don't recall ever calling you names, but you are really good at it. Go somewhere else and be happy. You will not be happy here. That, I can guarantee. I am not going to change your mind, and you are certainly not going to change mine.

Be happy and blessed.

Bobbie September 4, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Adrienne, great post. As for Deo...listening to the Obama lovers networks that have NEVER given her a compliment. I heard her speech and I heard what she said. And she did say that she could not stand by and watch Alaska spend millions in lawsuits against her. We KNOW we're right on this one! It's obvious that Deo hasn't done the research, that he/she asked us to do. I believe you would agree that if we had not done our research, we wouldn't be HUGE fans of Sarah. Only "real" people can recognize "real" people. And Sarah is truly "real". She left the governorship for very honorable reasons. I don't blame her and I don't think you do either. Under the same circumstances, I would have done the same thing. "If the ax is dull, And one does not sharpen the edge, Then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success." Eccl. 10:10. Who does that verse remind you of? Don't really think I need to ask!!!

kid September 5, 2009 at 12:32 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.