Sarah Palin Will Help Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

As I blogged yesterday, it appears that Sarah Palin will grace the Oprah Winfrey Show on November 16th, the day before Sarah's already-best seller hits the stands. I wrote in a previous post that Going Rogue rose to the top of the charts without Oprah's help. This I wrote in light of the fact that Oprah had previously suggested that Sarah would appear on her show because she would need Oprah to sell her book.

So Sarah has chosen to give Oprah an interview. Some anklebiters have emailed me to say that this is evidence that Sarah actually does need Oprah. Not the case. It will, no doubt, be an interesting interview, but let's be real: "Nah na na na na nah" emails are outrageous given the facts.

When Sarah sits on Oprah's couch, people will get to see the real Sarah, and she will be able to tell her own story--unfiltered--and let's keep this in perspective. Clearly, Oprah is not Sarah's source, she does not butter Sarah's bread, and Sarah did not need Oprah to sell her book. Going Rogue soared to the top of the charts without the help of Ms. Winfrey. Sarah's appearance on Oprah's show is because she chooses to go, not because she needs to.

The Washington Post reports:

Oprah Winfrey, on a campaign to climb back from last season's ratings slump, will attempt to kiss and make up with conservative viewers on Nov. 16 when she has Sarah Palin on her syndicated talk show.

You may have noticed that the appearance by the former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate is happening smack dab in the middle of the November ratings derby.
It's also the day before Palin's new book, "Going Rogue: An American Life" is scheduled to hit bookstores.

It's not just another show booking for Oprah Winfrey. She's going whole hog this season to try to recover from the ratings tumble she took last season when her audience slid to under 7 million viewers. And, during one awful week in July, "The Oprah Winfrey Show" suffered its smallest ratings since its debut way back in 1985.

Industry navel gazers speculated Oprah had turned off some of her conservative viewers -- or, more accurately, they had turned her off -- when she not only endorsed then presidential candidate Barack Obama but even campaigned for him. (Palin, of course, was the running mate of Obama's rival, Sen. John McCain.)

We rest our case.

Read the entire article here.

(H/T C4P)

Sue October 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I agree with you and the article. I haven't had ANY desire to watch Oprah in years. I know this will boost O.W.'s ratings. Can't wait to hear what Sarah has to say.

Donald Borsch Jr. October 21, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Miss Adrienne,

While I am not a GOP fan, so to speak, I am fascinated and captivated by Sarah Palin. She is such a breath of fresh air in an environment polluted with the cigar smoke of political theater, back-alley deals, lifelong politicians, and special-interest manipulations.

I will be using my trusty DVR to record this event on 16 November and look forward to sitting down with a nice slice of Red Velvet cake, my 6-month old daughter, my lovely and talented bride, and really take a long look at the Sarah Palin that only Sarah Palin can reveal.

Donald Borsch Jr in Bethel, CT

Adrienne Ross October 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Thank you for your honesty and open mind. I am confident that you will find that Sarah is the real deal, the antithesis of politics as usual--not the typical politician, but a true public servant.

Adrienne Ross October 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I recommend Jesus to heal your heart and hatred. He loves you.

Greg October 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I just checked the ratings for Going Rogue. It is now #6 at Barnes and Noble (having dropped below the top 10 after WalMart and Amazon slashed its price,) in the catagory of Political Biography, Going Rogue hardcover is #1, Going Rogue large print paperback is #4, and Going Rogue compact disc is #10, quite impressive, I'd say.

At Amazon Going Rogue is #2 right behind Stephen King's new book, it is still #1 in non-fiction.

At WalMart it is #1 in Coming Soon, ahead of Stephen King.

At Borders it continues to be #1

At Books a Million it continues to be #1 in non-fiction.

The stage is set for it to become a blockbuster.

My bet is that Oprah's ratings will soar on Nov 16th, and a significant number of viewers will find their way to the bookstore on Nov 17th to buy a copy of Going Rogue. The more people who read it, the better.

I'm sticking with my prediction that by early November the publisher will announce that due to even a higher number of orders than anticipated, the initial press run will be expanded to 2.5 or 3 million. Just that announcement will drive up sales, and will also drive the left even crazier than they already are.

LoveThatGirl October 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Hi Adrienne,
Thanks for posting the TRUTH.
I agree with you about Oprah needing Sarah, we all know it. Well, maybe not for those who still have their head buried in the sand.
I haven't tuned to O since 1989. That's the year my son was born and T.V has not been on the top of my list since.
I will be tuning in only to Watch Sarah Louise Heath Palin.
God is good all the time :)
Blessings, Irma
Prayer Warriors for Sarah Palin.