Eddie Burke Interviews Me: Being a Black Conservative & Glenn Beck Appearance

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Glenn Beck had a great show planned for this Friday, and I was going to be on it. This was to be town-hall style, featuring an audience of Black conservatives. Beck has been calling this show one that will not soon be forgotten.

Unfortunately, Glenn has unexpectedly had to have appendix surgery, so the show is now scheduled to be taped next Thursday and will most likely be aired on Friday, November 13th.

In anticipation of the upcoming show, last night I was a guest on the Eddie Burke Radio Show. Eddie, Alaska's Best, interviewed me about the Glenn Beck television show, being a Black conservative, and Governor Palin's involvement in the NY-23rd Congressional District race.

As this will be Beck's focus, Eddie and I spoke quite a bit about the issue of race. As most people know, being Black usually means being a Democrat. Not subscribing to that worldview opens one up to being called a "sell-out," "Aunt Jemima," or "Uncle Tom." These insults most often come from other Black Americans who don't understand people choosing to "get off the plantation," as I often say. This interview with Eddie Burke addresses that, how the liberal agenda is counterproductive to the Black community, how it is the antithesis of the values so many of us espouse, and even how my support of Sarah Palin figures into the debate.

When Eddie asked how I am able to stand by my beliefs when there is such pressure--and sometimes resentment--placed on Black conservatives, my answer was simple: "It's just called the courage of your convictions."

Eddie asked some great questions during this interview, which led to an insightful conversation. Be sure to listen to both parts 1 and 2--and be sure to tune into Glenn Beck next week.

(Thanks to Sheya at C4P for the audio)

Donald Borsch Jr. November 4, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Miss Adrienne,

I look forward to Beck's show with you and other Black Conservatives. I'll be cheering from my couch in CT.

Your voice matters!

Missy from Mississippi November 4, 2009 at 10:26 PM

This is awesome, Adrienne! I will be at work when it airs but will be sure to DVR it.

I will pray on your behalf every day until the program that God will make your tongue to be a ready writer... ready to write the truth on the hearts of those who hear/see you. I will also pray that the listeners/viewers will listen with spiritual ears as you speak by the Spirit of God. You are His vessel and His servant... one in whom He is very well pleased.

Anonymous,  November 5, 2009 at 3:07 AM

I find the saga of black conservatives as fascinating as the overall story of conservatism in these times. I look forward to the show next week. God bless. hooi

Robin's New Song November 5, 2009 at 6:30 AM

Will be looking forward to the show! Praying for you and Glen. I know the enemy attacks when we are tired out, so strength and fortification, in Jesus Name! Thanks for being a voice for American's Christian values, who's only color runs "blood red"

Adrienne Ross November 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Anonymous who keeps sweating me (and whose comments I reject),

I don't care what "everyone else does." I got off the plantation, remember? You should try it. You are enslaved to a system but consider it Black Pride. You don't even have a clue that you're enslaved. The need to attack someone because they don't go along with a certain mindset truly shows your insecurity and how small you believe your own race to be--incapable of thinking for ourselves. Oh so sad that you don't believe in the intellect, potential, and hope of your own, but instead try to label me simply for THINKING. Wow! You didn't believe we could think, did you? You don't even see it. That's the saddest part.

Try some of that "hope" and "change," and believe in yourself, your race, and the American people for a "change." Stop embracing victimhood and embrace faith in God and personal responsibility, with an understanding that God is your source, not the government--and certainly not the opinions of weaklings who name-call. (Sound familiar?)

As wrong as your assessment is concerning it (the name-calling), at least you recognize a star when you see one!

There's hope for you. His name is Jesus. It's His opinion I care about in my life.

Take care, I wish you well, and God bless you.

Lynn November 6, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Don't mind the haters Adrienne. You're doing a great job. Praying for even more opportunities to come your way.

Pat in NC November 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM

What a "profile in courage" you represent. I look forward to seeing you on Glenn Beck's program. God bless you and give you the strength to continue all of your endeavors.