Sneak Peek: Taping of the Glenn Beck Show

Friday, November 13, 2009

I made it back about an hour ago from the taping of the Glenn Beck Show. So as not to compromise the integrity of the show, I will not say too much now. You'll have to tune in tomorrow night, 5-6 p.m. EST to watch it. I will simply make a few comments.

First, it was good to see Glenn Beck, but he is far from 100%. In fact, he did something he never does. He remained seated. He apologized ahead of time but said that he was too weak to do otherwise. Keep in mind he just returned from surgery.

Suffice it to say I was glad to have the opportunity to be there, but it was far from what I expected. We were a rather raucous audience and Glenn reprimanded us nicely at one point. We were still yapping (arguing?) when we went to commercial, but that was the only time some were able to talk--and even then it was nearly impossible.

So to quote Maria from My Voice on the Wings of Change, whom I met tonight:

I did not talk once. Not a sound or a peep.

(Read her quick comments about tonight here).

Same here. Hey, I tried to speak--more than once, more than twice--but it was impossible. So when you tune in tomorrow, expect to see me in the audience, but don't expect to hear me speak, or Maria, or Clifton from Another Black Conservative.

I could say more, but that's enough for now. I will speak my mind more after the show airs, and I don't think you'll want to miss my interpretation of how things went.

And you certainly don't want to miss my defending Sarah Palin story. Yep, encountered some Palin-bashing--and, if you know me, you know I addressed it!

It'll be interesting to see how the show gets prettied up for airing.

I will speak more of my mind soon. For now, I will close by saying it was not at all what I expected, and I was frustrated.

Anonymous,  November 13, 2009 at 1:07 AM

That was an interesting experience. Sorry you didn't get to speak & thank you for defending Sarah!!! Thanks for sharing. Vonpendragon

Mary Baker November 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM

What? So what did you do? Who else was there?

munchnstuf November 13, 2009 at 4:18 AM

I'm so sorry that things did not go quite like you were hoping, Adrienne. :(

I don't get the chance to watch the show that much, but the few times that I've seen him with an audience it is rare that they get to speak much. Having said that, I'm very glad that you did appear.

Sarah Palin has no better advocate than you. She and all of her supporters are lucky and blessed to have you representing her/us on such a national stage. (Even if it was a somewhat muted stage for you.)

Thank you again for "taking a stand." (And I hope you are able to get some sleep!)

photofellow November 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM

This is a profound disappointment to those of us who were looking forward to hearing from you.

What expectations did the communication from Beck's staff create for you and your fellow bloggers.

Once I hear from you, I'll express my dismay to Beck's show.

Donald Borsch Jr. November 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Looking forward to seeing this particular episode. I'll be interested to read your take on it after it airs.

Long Live the Republic, and Palin/Keyes in 2012? Hmmm.

commoncents November 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Awesome post - I really like your blog!!
COMMON CENTS

ps. Link Exchange?

Adrienne Ross November 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM

photofellow,

There were no guarantees. I was just to be in the audience as was everyone else.

The Conservative Lady November 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Hi Adrienne,
I was also hoping to hear from you, Clifton and Maria. Thank you for attending the show and I just want to say that the true conservatives who spoke on the show made their points eloquently. I hope Glenn does follow up shows because there certainly was not enough time to do it justice. I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming post on your experience.

The Gifts Finder November 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I loved the show.... One of the Glenn VERY best shows EVER!!!!

I ENJOY IT SO MUCH :)