Bristol and Tripp; Wisdom Beyond Years

Sunday, December 27, 2009

On December 27, 2008, Bristol Palin's son, Tripp, was born. Happy Birthday! One year later, he is as loved as he was then.

A few days after the birth of her first grandson, Governor Palin's office issued a statement. It reads in part:

"We are over the moon with the arrival of this healthy, beautiful baby,” Governor Palin said.

[...]

Bristol Palin said she “obviously discourages” teen pregnancy and knows that plans she previously made for herself will now forever be changed. “Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with – this isn’t ideal. But I’m fortunate to have a supportive family which is dealing with this together. Tripp is so perfectly precious; we love him with all our hearts. I can’t imagine life without him now.”

Tripp has been nurtured and loved by his mom, grandmother, aunts, uncles, and a host of other relatives and friends. His story speaks to the power of love and responsibility. The care and support that Bristol has been able to give her baby boy is a direct result of the love she has received from those closest to her.

Bristol didn't believe the lie that she couldn't persevere, choose life, and finish her education. Instead, she embraced the truth. No doubt, she knew she had a mother who was on her knees asking for God's help. And that's the way it should be. She looked to her left and to her right, too, and saw a myriad of other family members alongside her. And that's the way it should be also.

I remember reading the Governor's statement a year ago. When she asked the question

"Isn’t it just like God to turn those circumstances into such an amazing, joyful blessing when you ask Him to help you through?”

I couldn't help but enthusiastically exclaim, "Yes it is--just like God."

Thank God for people like the Palins who inspire their children to embrace their own children with open arms, even when life takes you by surprise.

I have personally seen the love Bristol has for her son. I have attached two pictures of mother and son below that I took in Wasilla, Alaska in July.

Bristol, thank God for your strength and courage in choosing life, faith, and responsibility. You have demonstrated--even in your youth--a wisdom so needed in this world. God bless you and your son. The best is yet to come.

murieljmoore December 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I knew yesterday WAS something special. Happy Birthday little Tripp. May God watch over you and your family.

bestbud December 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Adrienne

Great thoughtful and insightful post as we r accustom to from u... Always so positive and forward looking... so like Sarah, inspirational in tone and substance and heart warming.
Your a blessing to all.

Happy birthday Tripp and job well done Bristol.

Anonymous,  December 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM

It's right and good that Tripp has a loving family. It is right and good and wonderful, that, like our president and his family, she and her family pray. It will be a good and wonderful thing when a woman is valued enough by the American people to be our president. I believe with all my heart that Sarah Palin deserves to work in a field that will make the best use of her gifts, the same as everyone. I don't for a moment believe that she has shown the aptitude needed to be president of this country.

Adrienne Ross December 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Anonymous on December 31st @ 10:15 AM,

Thanks for the comment.

Yes, it is great that Tripp has a loving, praying family.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion that Governor Palin isn't qualified to be president. I personally believe that no one who is familiar with her accomplishments, record, and executive experience would agree with you. Reading her memoir further highlights this.

Having said that, the beauty of America is we get to vote for the person we feel is most qualified. (What a country!) I will add, however, the fact that Governor Palin hasn't said she is running for anything.

Take care, and Happy New Year.