Video; Megyn Kelly on Palin's Stalker: This is Really Deplorable

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"This is really deplorable," said Megyn Kelly, speaking of Joe McGinniss moving 15 feet from the Palin home as he writes an unauthorized biography of the family.

Kelly and a couple legal experts discussed whether or not his being there is legal and what the Governor's options are. As I wrote last night here, this is no regular author. This man writes hit pieces about her, bid thousands of dollars in an unsuccessful attempt to trap her into having dinner with him, showed up in Florida during her book tour, and now has left Massachusetts to move to Wasilla, Alaska to watch her from a few feet away--on his deck, allegedly with binoculars. Not only is his presence there unethical, it's sick--and certainly a cause for concern. Governor Palin and her children deserve better.

(H/T Sheya)

Bill in Baltimore May 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM

sure, Megyn was hot on this. But her schtick is always "is it legal" ?

not once in this clip did any of them mention the morality of this, the uncivilness of this, etc.

Why can't they simply say "this is dead wrong" ? Megyn never says that.

btw, what is all law based on ?

Bill in Baltimore May 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

these three women are all idiots.

They ask, "does this cross the line" ?

and the one broad says "I don't think it does", ever so cautiously, hiding behind the law and ignoring the reality of this creep stalking her. His own son admitted his dad had a thing for her (in jest, yeah, right).

Well, pretty ladies, WHAT THE HECK DOES CONSTITUTE invasion of privacy / stalking. He's TWELVE FEET AWAY ! Is it 10 feet ? 8 feet ? 7 ? Give me a break.

this guy needs to be shamed out of the house and Alaska to boot.

His book company needs to be boycotted by all Americans.

Adrienne Ross May 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Bill,

While I know they were coming at it from a legal angle, I disagree with you that they did not denounce McGinniss' behavior. It seems you and I were watching two totally different pieces. Megyn is a lawyer, and she wanted to see how Governor Palin might proceed from a legal standpoint, how she might exercise her rights to get this creepy dude away.

Your second comment confuses me. I'm baffled by the use of "broad" and "pretty ladies." I'm not sure how that fits into the discussion.

Janelle May 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM

McGinniss may not sit well with the local population......he is a bit out of his element and I can well imagine there may be many small, but vexing problems coming his way.

Bill in Baltimore May 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM

A woman would stand up for Sarah and not "the law".

I'm mocking them that they "have it all together" yet they can't choke out unmitigated outrage at this.

Adrienne Ross May 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Bill,

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. I really believe Megyn was outraged, and was really trying to help discover Gov's options to fight back.