Governor Palin and Kristi King Help Me Celebrate My Birthday

Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy 40th Birthday to me! I've been celebrating for a few days. It's been filled with great surprises. Today, I got the following tweet from Governor Palin:

Happy 20th anniversary celebrating your 20th birthday, Adrienne Ross! Have a blast today. And keep the faith.
Here's a screenshot:

Governor Palin really is one of us--the real deal!

So what have I been up to? I'm here in Missouri having a wonderful time with my friend, Kristi King. Kristi threw me a surprise bonfire birthday party Saturday with a special Palin cake--great food and great friends! Check out the pictures below. They didn't come out very well in the dark, but you still get the picture--literally!

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic
Share photos on twitter with Twitpic
Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

section9 September 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Awww. Happy Birthday Adrienne. You're the best!

debsinger,  September 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Happy Birthday, Adrienne! It's a Palin night on TV as well!

Deb Howard,  September 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM

What a great birthday gift! I'd be all smiles today, too, if I received such a special bday message!! :) Hope you enjoyed your day!

Granola Conservative September 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Happy Birthday Adrienne, from the Editors of Standing With Sarah!!

cudaforever September 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Wow, I read that Tweet and had to reread it.. I said that's Adrienne !! How Cool. Happy Birthday Adrienne

Kiya September 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Incredible words for an incredible young woman! Happy Blessed Birthday Adrienne

Adrienne Ross September 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Thank you, everyone! What a birthday it has been! God bless.

Anonymous,  September 28, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Are you some kind of self hating black person to be obsessed with this Racist bitch. I know your type. You were made fun of because you were dark skinned, wanted to be like the light skinned girls, but didn't fit in. No amount obsession with Palin would make you just like her. Palin has nothing to offer this country. The woman is an idiot, who has a ghostwriter who writes her Facebook pages. What gives, because I don't get it? I'm sure you must have loved it when the racist idiot agreed with Dr. Laura Nigger rant. Did you enjoy it too? I suggest you take a look at some pictures of some hanging of black folks. But maybe you will ignore it, because you think the only place you would fit is in hanging out with racists. Does it make you feel powerful? What's the connection?

Adrienne Ross September 28, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Anonymous @ 1:29 AM,

Point 1: I don't normally publish comments as asinine as yours, but I figured, what the heck, might as well let everyone see how absurd and hateful some people are. But it would have been helpful if you had found the courage to use your real name. Why didn't you?

Point 2: I wanted to be light-skinned? Uh, unlike you, I don't have a problem with race. People like you always try to mask your own race issues by blaming others for what is true of you. It's called projecting. I love ALL complexions. By the way, don't confuse the left-over summer tan; I actually always was one of the light-skinned, but who cares? Oh yeah, you do. You think lighter is better. It's not. We all belong to God, and no one "fits in" better with Him than anyone else.

Point 3: Forgive me for enjoying my birthday, rather than watching pctures of hanging Blacks, as you suggest. I wanted cake. The nerve of me to enjoy my birthday!

Point 4: You seem really bothered that Gov. Palin acknowledged my birthday, so you went back to the lame old, same old--the racism lie. doesn't work.

Finally, I wish for you moments of enjoying cake and good company, an understanding of God's incredible love for you, and an awareness of all of life's blessings today. That's where I'm living and will continue to live. God loves me, and so do good friends and family--and that's enough.