The Vetted One

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Politics is a dirty business. Herman Cain is finding this out the hard way. After rising in the polls, he was thrown for a loop with these recent sexual harassment accusations. Now, I wasn't there, so I don't know what went down. All I know is what he's told us, and he's told us that he has never sexually harassed anyone. Now his camp has accused the Rick Perry camp of leaking this information. Whether or not this is true, I have no idea. Again, I wasn't there. There is much we don't know about Cain, Perry, and all the other candidates.

And this is precisely the problem.

How much of our time, when America is desperately seeking sanity, will be spent talking about rumors and innuendos? This is a crucial period in American history. We have a President who doesn't have a clue how to turn things around, as his dropping approval numbers show. This is the hour for conservatives to step in and make a difference. Tired of the status quo and looking for real hope and change, people want to look in a different direction than President Obama's failed policies and total disregard for the will of the people. And what has the front-runner been answering questions about the last couple days? He's been addressing claims that basically suggest he's a pervert. So 999 has to take a back seat to his explanation that he told a woman she came up to his chin and was the same height as his wife!

I like Cain, and he appears to be a man of integrity, but he has yet to undergo the kind of scrutiny that allows the public to see and know him inside and out. I don't begrudge his decision to set the record straight. He should set the record straight. And I totally despise lies and smears against a person's character. But we all know that this isn't going away. And now that a third woman has also made an accusation, who knows what else will surface--even if it's untrue? And what of the accusation that Perry's campaign was behind this? So now Perry will have to stop talking about his job-creation record and discuss this nonsense. I'm not accusing Herman Cain, Rick Perry, or anyone else of anything. I am saying that the process of being scrutinized is hard, dirty, and often not at all fair.

This is why people have been constantly saying that we need the most vetted people running for office. This is why we have longed for Governor Palin.

I don't know the ins and outs, ups and downs of each person in this GOP field, but we're about to find out. Politics, again, is dirty, and everything seems to be fair game. One thing we all know about Governor Palin, however, is that what you see is what you get, and the media has made sure we've seen it all. There is nothing left hidden under rocks or in closets. She is the most vetted person alive, perhaps the most vetted person to ever walk the earth.

As a candidate, she would have been able to focus on the important tasks at hand. She would have been that force tackling taxes, crony capitalism, energy, national security, spending, and everything else America has on her plate. There is nothing left to take attention away from those all-important issues. Everything that could be said has been said. People said she resigned from the Governor's office because some FBI investigation was underway and that soon we would hear all about it. They slithered into her church, looking for juicy jive to report. They filed ethics complaints, causing state and family finances to suffer. They wrote articles and books, even moving in next door to do so. They attacked her children, distorted her record, and questioned the integrity of her marriage. They sent wolves among sheep to uncover any and everything they could. They scoured thousands of her emails, which served only to validate her as a hardworking, competent governor. They have tried everything--and everything has fallen flat. This is why they resort to childishly sizing up her shoes, analyzing her accent, and vilifying her vocabulary. They have nothing left!

It's possible America could manage to survive another term of a Barack Obama presidency, but what will our country look like by the time it's over? Will we recognize her at all? Now is supposed to be the time for a candidate to rise up and challenge President Obama and take America back. Now is not the time for skeletons to fall out of the closets of candidates yet unvetted. President Obama continues to be protected by a mainstream media who fancy him the one. We need the most vetted person--the vetted one--to take him on. Although I'm very grateful she remains in the fight for the restoration of America, that person is not in the 2012 race. I readily admit, too, that each moment a person who is in the race spends answering questions about things that cannot put America back on the right track, or help defeat President Obama, is a moment I am reminded of why I had my heart set on Governor Palin.

Patrick S. Adams November 3, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Amen, Adrienne. You have captured the essence of how I feel. You saved me having to write a blog post about it. You've already said what needs to be said.

Adrienne Ross November 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Thank you, Patrick. I still say you should go ahead and say it, too! You ROCK!

Doc November 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Let's jump back a minute, look at Mister Cain's Constitutional rights, and NOT ASSUME he is guilty of everything and anything under the sun just because somebody says he is. We aren't yet under total control of the Pravda media, I hope and pray.
That being said, let's look for a pattern of innocence here. What did Mister Cain say? He compared a co-worker's height to that of his wife. If I want to compliment a female, I compare her to the ideal woman, namely my wife. Vetted. End of story. Move along.

Adrienne Ross November 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Doc, with all due respect, I did not say Cain did anything. In fact, I specifically said I wasn't there and therefore have no clue what went down. So slow down, reread the article, and catch the point of my piece: We don't need surprises. We need vetted candidates because politics is a dirty business. Hopefully you get it now, rather than allowing your allegiance to Cain to blind you from the point of my post, a post in which I stated I hate smears and lies. Thanks.

bookcollector,  November 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Cain could clear this up by sending a letter from his attorney to the NRA asking that the confidentiality agreement be waived and asking them to release the allegations and the results of their investigation and settlement. He would then be free to defend himself as would be the women involved.

Doc November 4, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Miss Ross: I'd like to at least think loyalty to a person's stellar character isn't as dismissive a thing as you seem to make it.

Here's the thing about smears: you get the facts, and let the people decide. You weren't there, but apparently no one else was either, because the accuser hasn't chosen to make herself known. This is a little worse than Clarence Thomas got; at least we got to look in the eyes of Anita Hill ( and they shifted a lot ).
Conservatives have to find a candidate who can beat Mr Obama. Mister Cain is running for the job of Chief Executive. He can fix this mess the Ruling Classes have made of things. I think Mister Cain has the "still spine" that Mrs Palin talks about. He knows how to fire people, and turn things around. Just the job that needs doing. If we could get a Cain/Trump ticket, we could hear " You're fired!!" in stereo. We got a job to do, and the man that can do the job is the one who has done it before. It's all about jobs, jobs, jobs. As far as color goes: anything but pinko.

Adrienne Ross November 4, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Doc, you obviously like Cain. So do I. I said so in the article. I don't know if he's my choice for POTUS yet, but I certainly am looking closely. Again, this wasn't so much about Cain, and I said nothing about color at all. This is about Gov. Palin and how well vetted she is. Whether or not he has the "STEEL spine" she talks about will surely be seen soon enough because here comes the vetting. Onward and upward. My point stands.

Adrienne Ross November 4, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Doc, whose character do you expect me to be loyal to? And "dismissive"? As I said, your allegiance to Cain has you totally missing it.

Doc November 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Miss Ross: I am a conservative Pro Life Catholic voter, who is an admirer of both Palin and Cain, and anyone, including you , who exemplifies good character. Problem is, Gov Palin isn't running for POTUS,Mister Cain is. Gov. Palin was my first choice, now Mister Cain is. There are no perfect candidates, and never will be, because of fallen human nature, which, fortunately, our Founders took into account by Separating Powers. The perfect should never be made the enemy of the good.
The cult-like loyalty of the #occupy movement is starkly contrasted by the Tea Party, which simply wants a return to fiscal responsibility, Separation of Powers, and a return to the principles of the Constitution. Herman Cain has boldly observed brainwashing as characteristic of some groups of Americans, and it is similar to Gov Palin's observations concerning crony capitalism. Both Palin and Cain have a "keen grasp of the obvious," characteristic of freedom-loving persons, such as yourself, who have fought to end abortion. I applaud you, and thank you for that. But no one other than Cain is running for POTUS at this point, so I have to say I'm a Cain voter because he's still in the race. If Mister Cain fails the steel spine test, I'll vote for Ron Paul. I am an Indipendent conservative voter who is pragmatic and patriotic. Woulda, coulda, shoulda doesn't work in politics; results are what counts.

Adrienne Ross November 4, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Doc, I appreciate your kind words, and you are free to support anyone you want, as I am free to write here about whatever I want. I have chosen to write about the importance of being vetted in light of the ugly nature of politics as usual, which desires to smear and destroy. If you insist on seeing my post about Gov. Palin as anti-Cain, I don't know what to tell you. Nonetheless, I will continue to write about the Governor's record and why I support her--and anything else--as often as I desire.